Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Sig Four Star pushrods

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sig Four Star pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 12:52 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Four Star pushrods

Push Rods: Make sure the sheaths are FIRMLY anchored at each former. Sand the outer sheath before inserting it, and the glue sticks MUCH better.

Modifications... lots of options.

I adjusted the rib spacing to match the size of the pre-cut shear webs. It added about 1/4 inch to each wing panel and made the lower spar not need to be trimmed.

The option to clip off one bay is never too late... You can build it and fly it with the standard number of bays... and if you want more roll rate, clip it off later, then just glue the endplate back on (extra rib and all) If you're careful, you don't even need to use scraps of covering to reseal the wing... the covering from the removed bay can overlap the endplate rib.

You can put almost any shape wingtip you want on the 4*. support with triangular pieces, tapering from the end of the spar out to the edge of the added wingtip. cover or in some cases, sheet with 1/32 balsa, then cover. ( the main shape of the tip is cut in overhead view from 3/32 balsa)

My recommendation is to use yellow carpenter's glue instead of CA for construction. Its cheaper, and easier to clean up, and if you make an error, you can steam the bad joint apart. Glue-lamination of the fuselage doublers, paint the doubler with 50-50 glue-water lay it on the fuselage side and then put the assembly under a stack of books (wax paper to protect the books and the table) Leave that overnight and its a better lamination than you get with CA.