Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

quiet but still around

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

quiet but still around

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 04:52 PM
mrbass111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quiet but still around

hey guys, i know ive been quiet latley. but im sitll lurking. my stuka is almost rebuilt and hope to maiden it again this weekend. hope it doesnt crash again. ive been doing more crashing than flyin latley. bought a fw 190 and totaled it after 2 flights. chinese crap is my excuse. knocked the landing gear off my seabee but should be able to get that fixed. hey jun if you out there palm bay guy. is fastsky still around?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Fastsky

Default RE: quiet but still around

Hey Mr. Bass, I'm still around. I finally managed to maiden my Decathlon last weekend. Flys great and the plane is very fast with the ASP 52 on the front. At 1/4 throttle I could fly inverted. So what happened to your Stuka?? Mine is still doing great but haven't had time to fly it lately. [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59922.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	493539  
Old 07-20-2006, 11:33 AM
mrbass111

i thought you knew. but on my 4th flight after spending all of that time getting it together, the wing split in half at about 300 feet. thus the first 12 inches of the plane where turned to splinters. i was gonna trash it but a guy insisted on rebuilding it for me. he did and im got another guy to re cover the damaged areas. so so i will be remaidening. the wing split due to faulty workmanship. if you look at your plane on the gull wing part GP did not put any reinforcment there.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Fastsky

WoW! Sorry to hear that. I have a couple of dozen flights on mine and everything seems to be ok so far. I'lll keep my fingers crossed. Hope your plane flys ok after the repairs! [8D]
Old 07-20-2006, 02:43 PM
mrbass111

any major repair like that seems to me about 50/50 if it will fly right. probably will crash it on the remaiden
Old 07-20-2006, 03:18 PM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
Sorry, no offense! But why don't you get a more suitable airplane than those scale airplanes you mentioned! You would be much better off with a simple low winged sport airplane to just practice maneuvers.
Semi scale models like the Great Planes Stuka and the like are not that good fliers compared to sport airplanes

Regards!
Jan K
Old 07-20-2006, 05:39 PM
mrbass111

the main reason i got into this hobby was to fly warbirds. as far as the stuka is concearned the crash wasnt my fault. and yes i have other planes. but i know what you mean flying warbirds is a completly different game. by the way jan you live in florida?
Old 07-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Fastsky

Hey JAKA, you are out to lunch on your comment "Semi scale models like the Great Planes Stuka and the like are not that good fliers compared to sport airplanes" < if you had one you would know better. To watch it fly fools people because the plane is fairly big and looks heavy. In fact it is very light flys really well in calm or windy conditions. It also has a very wide speed range because of the large wing area and thin air foil. At full throttle the speed is more like you would expect to see out of a Mustang rather than a bomber, but that just makes it fun to fly. I get a blast out of the fact that I can chase around my buddys FW90 and keep up with it! Landing is a piece of cake. Its easy to land at a walk and if theres a breeze I can hover it in for a 3 point landing right in front of me, and thats with out lowering the flaps! So if you don't belive me, come on over, bring out some of your planes and we'll tear up the skies together! Don't be too surprized if I blast by one of your sport planes, I won't be!!