Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Lawn Dart

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Lawn Dart

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 03:33 PM
ABELL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lawn Dart

The expiration date on the HobbiStar 60 was 7/29/2006 @9:23 AM. Moving right along, does anyone know of a web site to order parts for a TT Pro engine ? The hole in the cylinder for the muffler mounting screw broke off during the expiration process. Other than that the engine seems to be fine. I really liked that plane. Oh well Tower Hobbies needs a little of my pay check anyway
Old 07-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: Lawn Dart

Here's an alternative suggestion:

Clean the crankcase thoroughly with a degreaser. Mix up a little JB Weld and rebuild the screw boss. After it's dry, redrill and retap if necessary. I hate to see you buy a whole new crankcase for this minor damage.

Sorry your plane expired. Did it die a glorious death? Were there spectators (there should always be spectators at any serious crash)? Do you have pictures?

Dr.1
Old 07-29-2006, 04:50 PM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

http://www.thundertiger4u.com/pro61-...ne-p-7528.html

There is thundertiger4u's page for the TT.61 PRO, as you can see if you scroll down a little the have all the parts & part numbers listed for you. If it is not the TT.61PRO that you are using then just click your way back to whichever engine you need. Sorry to hear the bad news. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:15 AM
ABELL

Dr 1 It was a spectacular death complete with spectators. Sorry no pictures. Grumpy , I looked at that and didnt see any way to contact them. I will look again ,Thanks guys
Old 07-30-2006, 09:35 AM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

ABELL, Over towards the top right of the page right next to the pic of the engine is an information box. One of the links in that box is "Contact Us" I clicked on it & an email form came up. So if you're just wanting certain parts from, & not the whole new engine you may have to email them 1st using that parts list below for the correct part numbers & tell them what you are after, they should be able to care of you from there. I hope this helps.

Do me a favor please, & give me your take on this engine. I'm thinking I really like it for the price, but have no experience with it. My friend Gary has their PRO .46 & it seems to be every bit as good as OS's .46AX so I'm thinking if the .61 is as nice & strong in it's class as the TT .46 PRO is than at $99 it's a bargain & I gotta have one! So any & all opinions on the TT .61 PRO engine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:53 PM
ABELL

Grumpy, I don't have a whole lot of time in this hobby so I don't have many engines to compare by.But as for as my limited opinion I think TTPro's are the best for the money. I have Tower engines and OS engines The Tower's are finikey to tune. The OS's run great but are costly and like a little on power. The TT pulled the Hobbistar 60 around with a 12-7 with plenty of power to spare. It ran flawlessly. The only time I touched the needle was when I changed fuel brands, it would take click or two to dial it in. If I can't repair this one I will get another