Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Where are the .25 size trainers

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Where are the .25 size trainers

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 06:07 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where are the .25 size trainers

I got mine cause I won it on the bay about an hour ago..I see World Models makes them but the dist in Cal. shows them as discontinued...GP has a kit but no ARF...anybody found them elsewhere....I am trading the tower trainer to a friend for some 1/2a stuff..the one I bought is called a Navigation .25 trainer, cant even find anything about it either....Rog
Old 08-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Missileman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where are the .25 size trainers

Sig Kadet Seniorita Trainer Kit .15-.25
Great Planes PT-20 MKII Trainer Kit .15-.25
Goldberg Freedom 20 Trainer Kit .15-.25
Maybe you can squeeze a .25 ia a
Dynaflite Butterfly Trainer Kit .10-.20
These are all kits, I haven't found an ARF that size off hand.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:03 PM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

http://www.thundertiger4u.com/dragonfly-15-p-7297.html

This is a .15 Size Trainer but it is an ARF. I was kind of surprised that they didn't have a .25 size, they have this .15 & a number of different .40 size Trainers.

Now this second plane is no Trainer but it is a nice little bird, & with all your 1/2A experience I'm sure you could handle it.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/123610.asp
Old 08-12-2006, 07:56 PM
flyinrog

MM I was gonna get the GP trainer kit if I lost on the bay..whew! I hate covering...EG,,I would never have even looked at that site because of a BAD experience with them, but that .15 might be a cool little ARF..the Mustang,well I already have the GP combat .15 mustang with a .25 os FX on it,just havent got it to run yet...Rog
Old 08-12-2006, 08:10 PM
elenasgrumpy

Rog, I have a little Mustang Simple Series kit that I have never started either for pretty much the same reason, I hate covering too. Mostly because I suck so bad at it!! One of these days I should build it though. I have a good running OS .25 just sitting there on the shelf. I also have an OS .10 from 1964 of my Dad's that also still runs like a swiss watch. The .10 would probably be a better match for it. The .25 might be a bit too much I'll have to look at the kit again to see what size they say it was designed for. At that Hobby People site they also have a Tequila Sunrise ARF that is made for a .25 too. It's a pretty nice little plane but it was a bit squirrely. It didn't take me long to crash it. Anyway you might like it, take a look.

I'm kind of interested to hear what happened with them in the past with you. I had a small issue when the Sunrise arrived with the wrong wheel pants but they sent me the right set out straight away & told me to keep the red ones for spares so I didn't have any problems with them really. Everyone makes mistakes & damages happen so those things don't upset me. It how you take care of these type of things that make or break ya in my book. Like anyone else though if a companies customer service policies are lacking I'd like to know about it. My way of thinking is, if they'll screw you, they'll screw me too![:@] So pm me when ya get a chance & give me the heads up please, thanks.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Dsegal

The Sig LT-25 is a great kit.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:55 AM
flyinrog

Wing Span: 44 "
Length: 35.25 "
Weight: 37 - 40 lbs.
Engine: .10- .15 2-Cycle
Radio: 3-4 Channel

EG its gonna take a helluva runway to get that 37 pound dragonfly in the air with a .15 size engine...Rog

Dsegal, thanks for looking but a kit was my last resort, in fact I would have probably just stayed with the .40 trainer...40 stuff is just a bit too bulky for me and my 1/2a stuff while still fun is often times slightly less than dependable for everyday flying ,,but great fun for the 1/2a funfly/pylon races I hold twice a year....we are the Carolina 1/2A Crew...Rog
Old 08-13-2006, 10:33 AM
elenasgrumpy

Hey rog, I guess that Dragonfly requires a pumped .15 at 37 to 40 lbs huh?
Old 08-13-2006, 05:31 PM
NCIS

I built a CG Freedom 20 and put an OS 25 LA in it. It was easy to build and cover and it flies great and will do some aerobatics. It's also very fast with the 25 in it. Try one you'll like it

Gibbs
Old 08-13-2006, 05:39 PM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: elenasgrumpy

Hey rog, I guess that Dragonfly requires a pumped .15 at 37 to 40 lbs huh?
I do like the looks of it though, maybe if I build it really light I can get it down to 35 pounds...You should build that mustang, (I'm one to talk about building huh) the simple series go together quick like they say..the mustang is built for .049 to .07 so the OS .10 would probably be great on it..I have a cub (TT .074) and an Ultimate bipe (OS .25FX) in the simple series waiting to be built..I should really stop buying stuff, good thing I dont have any kids they'd have to eat pimento cheese sandwiches so I could fly....I did raise Pomeranians for quite a while and have a couple of 4 legged kids left but there not picky eaters oh and a crazy chihuahua that was dropped off in the yard...low maintenance mut there....the 2 poms eat what I eat plus kibble and they are 15 and 13 and still chase rabbits across the yard!!
Old 08-13-2006, 05:58 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

World Models has the Super Frontier 20 for $70. Maybe you could check other online hobby shops besides Airborne.

Then there is always the Goldberg Eaglet 50. Who needs an ARF when you can build that kit in a weekend.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:39 PM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

World Models has the Super Frontier 20 for $70. Maybe you could check other online hobby shops besides Airborne.

Then there is always the Goldberg Eaglet 50. Who needs an ARF when you can build that kit in a weekend.
World Models shows 2 versions of .25 size trainers but the US Distributor shows them as discontinued..so what part of NC are you in? I have a flyin on Sept 30 here if you'd like to come, the more the merrier...Rog
Old 08-13-2006, 07:19 PM
elenasgrumpy

Hey rog, I could check for ya at Airborne the next time I go there to see if they have any left. I don't know how long it's been discontinued but if it has not been too long they might still have a few laying around. I'll check for ya. We go there a lot, they are about 20 minutes from my house.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:31 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

You live 20 minutes from Airborne? [X(] Wow, that's nearly paradise!

It was not showing discontinued about a month ago.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:03 PM
flyinrog

Hey rog, I could check for ya at Airborne the next time I go there to see if they have any left. I don't know how long it's been discontinued but if it has not been too long they might still have a few laying around. I'll check for ya. We go there a lot, they are about 20 minutes from my house.
that'd be cool if they have them, knowing my skills I may need another..thanks..Rog
Old 08-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Jackster00

I have a Goldberg Freedom 20 which is a sweet flying airplane. Only thing is that it turned out so heavy that that OS 25 LA labored a long time before I even got it off the ground! In the air, it was VERY tame. I could do a loop, but it almost stalled at the top. Then, I put a GMS 32 on it, (heavier yet) but what a difference! I was able to do aerobatic maneuvers effortlessly....until the wing folded at the top of an Immelmann and down it came! This was not the first time I did that type of aerobatic, but after repeated maneuvers, it sucommed to it's weakness. I suggest you reinforce the wing if you're going to consider the F-20 and put a larger engine on it. What they say on the instructions is true....the warranty doesn't cover the plane if a larger engine is installed. Good reason.

For a LOT of fun, try the Herr Cloud Ranger (.049-.061). It builds quick. It doesn't like inverted flight, but it's a blast with a T.T. .15 in the nose! I've never had a plane do faster snap rolls than this one. It has an aileron option, which is why I bought it in the first place. Not many half-a's have ailerons. It's also very fast. It'll do loops over and over til the cows come home. Everything is inexpensive on this aircraft other than the smaller servos you need. I put that T.T. .15 in it because I was tired of those hermorphodite 1/2 A engines you have to put into those small planes. I wanted a trouble-free engine like the bigger guys, and I got it in the T.T. .15. VERY happy with it. That Cloud Ranger is a handful because of it's small size, but quite an experience to fly nevertheless.

Jackster
Old 08-14-2006, 07:00 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

that'd be cool if they have them, knowing my skills I may need another..thanks..Rog
Hey Rog, Tower has the .15 size Lazy Bee ARF on their daily sale: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LR8869&P=DS . The price will keep dropping till they get the inventory down to the level they want.

Don't know if you like the looks of this thing or not. I still haven't figured out what I think of it.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 AM
BANJOAIRPLANE

Rog,go to tower site and look at the Phoenix arfs,they have a 25 arf trainer.High wing.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:25 PM
flyinrog

Dang, I wish I had seen that Phoenix model,,wonder why it didnt show up when I searched for a .25 trainer, heck, it'd be on the way by now...Chuck, I had a yard bee that I gave to D Bronk up in Canada, I dont really like them much...Oh well, mine was $59 and shipping so I figure its a good deal..Hey BA you coulda said something sooner since your the one getting my .40 trainer....Rog
Old 08-14-2006, 06:37 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

Dang, I wish I had seen that Phoenix model,,wonder why it didnt show up when I searched for a .25 trainer, heck, it'd be on the way by now...
Tower has it misclassified. It shows up in the sport rather than trainer category.
Chuck, I had a yard bee that I gave to D Bronk up in Canada, I dont really like them much...
Ok, just happened across it and thought I'd mention it.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:34 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: BANJOAIRPLANE

Rog,go to tower site and look at the Phoenix arfs,they have a 25 arf trainer.High wing.
Thanks for pointing this one out. I had seen it before but since Tower has it misclassified, I missed it when doing a recent search. I had Ken add it to the list that's pinned at the top of the forum.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:53 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Where is the love for Thunder Tiger, you guys? You can go to http://www.thundertiger4u.com and order the TT Dragonfly .15 ARF and a Thunder Tiger GP-15 engine both for $114.95! There's nothing wrong with World Models or Phoenix Models, but this Thunder Tiger combo seems like a steal for a nice, portable 4-channel glow trainer.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:15 AM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

Where is the love for Thunder Tiger, you guys? You can go to http://www.thundertiger4u.com and order the TT Dragonfly .15 ARF and a Thunder Tiger GP-15 engine both for $114.95! There's nothing wrong with World Models or Phoenix Models, but this Thunder Tiger combo seems like a steal for a nice, portable 4-channel glow trainer.

I had a problem with that particular site when I first found them...short version I needed a complete needle setup for my tt .07 ,I explained that the entire assembly broke off the carb, they showed it but no pic, so I email and some kid says yeah we got it, I order it, I get a needle in the mail,,I email back,,I need the whole assembly, oh ok we got that, ok so either send me the rest of it or take back this needle for credit..."we cant do that" ok so I'll order it, get it and never do business with you again...so far its workin out for me....but I do like that little ARF...Rog

Jackster, I have the Herr Extra and the recomended .074 Norvel for it , but mine was heavy or the engine (used) was worn ,,it wouldnt take off and a hand launch proved less than desirable...I have a MagnumXL .15 on it right now waiting on the finishing touches to try it again...have a Goldberg tiger 400 with that Norvel .074 on it and hope to fly it tomorrow...Rog
Old 08-15-2006, 07:21 AM
BANJOAIRPLANE

Thunder Tiger has some good looking arf's!I am looking hard at thier 40 sized cub.Only 174 bucks for something you can fly in giant scale !
Old 08-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I know it's not produced as a kit anymore, but Sig used to have a Kadet Jr. It's a 48" span 3 channel. You might be able to get the plans, instruction book and landing gear from Sig. It had a slab sided fuse, so it's easy to build, like the LT-25 and LT 40

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.