Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Receiver Question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Receiver Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 12:09 PM
mouthpiec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver Question

Hi all,

I use the Futaba 6YG Tx and the R147F Rx.
Is there any replacement for the Rx that might improve performance?

thanks and regards
sandro
Old 12-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Montague

Default RE: Receiver Question

what "performance" are you looking to "improve"?

If you're asking if replacing the RX in your plane will make it fly better, the answer is no.

If you're looking for better noise-rejection then the answer is "maybe, it depends on the situation".
Old 12-12-2006, 12:19 PM
mouthpiec

Hi,
I am asking because i have a new plane, and thus i need a new Rx, and if there are better receivers (like less interference etc) I will buy the better one.
With the current R147F I can say that i never had a problem

thanks mate
Old 12-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Montague

Ok, out of curiosity, I did a quick web search on that RX. Is that a R147F or R147DF?

The DF is a dual conversion RX, and should be fine for most aircraft. The F is a single conversion RX apparently, and depending on your use and envrionment, it may or may not be more prone to interference.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
mouthpiec

mine is a single conversion.
i never had any king of problems and at my field there will be easily 6 Tx power on (obviously with different channels)
Old 12-12-2006, 12:42 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe the R147F is current production by any means. It would be a single conversion FM RX. An improvement would be a dual conversion FM RX. In the Futaba brand these can be identified by the suffix of DF at the end of the model number such as: R168DF which is Futaba's new 8 channel RX which can use any crystal from 11 thru 60 w/o regard to banding. A RX ending in DP would be a PCM RX.
A dual conversion RX would be more interference free than a single conversion unit.
Of course there are other manufacturers of fine receivers that will work also.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:44 PM
mouthpiec

ORIGINAL: bruce88123

I don't believe the R147F is current production by any means. It would be a single conversion FM RX. An improvement would be a dual conversion FM RX. In the Futaba brand these can be identified by the suffix of DF at the end of the model number such as: R168DF which is Futaba's new 8 channel RX which can use any crystal from 11 thru 60 w/o regard to banding. A RX ending in DP would be a PCM RX.
A dual conversion RX would be more interference free than a single conversion unit.
Of course there are other manufacturers of fine receivers that will work also.
Thanks bruce,
but will i need to change the TX (Futaba 6YG)
Old 12-12-2006, 12:48 PM
bruce88123

No. As long as you already are transmitting FM it is only improving the way the signal is processed at the RX.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:50 PM
mouthpiec

thanks for the help.

The number 147 means something in particular?
what is the difference with the 149 etc
Old 12-12-2006, 12:50 PM
bruce88123

As a note, a single conversion crystal will not work in a dual conversion RX. You will need to get a dual conversion crystal.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:53 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: mouthpiec

thanks for the help.

The number 147 means something in particular?
what is the difference with the 149 etc
I don't know. They had to call it something and I guess it's easier than calling it the "Mustang" or "Easy Rider".
Old 12-12-2006, 12:54 PM
bruce88123

TX crystal stays the same BTW.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:54 PM
mouthpiec

Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

mouthpiec,

With Futaba receivers, the last number is usually the number of channels, such as your R147F is a seven channel receiver, a R124DF is a 4 channel receiver and so on. I'm not sure what the first numbers mean, as they may just be model numbers, or series numbers.
Also, Futaba receivers come in low band and high band. Channels 16 through 35 are low band and 36 through 60 is high band. Just remember to buy the receiver that's in the same frequency band, (high or low), as the frequency of your transmitter. In other words, if your transmitter is on channel 24, you have to use a low band Futaba receiver. You can't use a high band receiver with the channel 24 crystal, as the high band receivers are tuned for channels 36 - 60. You can also use other brands of receivers with your Futaba transmitter, as long as they are negative shift. Hitec receivers work fine with Futaba gear, but JR's do not, as they are positive shift.
Of course, none of this might matter if you use totally different frequencies in Malta! What frequency do you use? Everything I mentioned above concerning frequency bands is for 72Mhz as used in the USA.

Jesse
Old 12-13-2006, 03:03 AM
mouthpiec

Here the frequencies allocated for aircraft are 35MHZ and 41MHz bands.
My TX uses channel 68 (35.080 MHz)
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 AM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: whstlngdeath

Also, Futaba receivers come in low band and high band. Channels 16 through 35 are low band and 36 through 60 is high band. Just remember to buy the receiver that's in the same frequency band, (high or low), as the frequency of your transmitter. In other words, if your transmitter is on channel 24, you have to use a low band Futaba receiver. You can't use a high band receiver with the channel 24 crystal, as the high band receivers are tuned for channels 36 - 60.
Futaba has a new RX which is not sensitive to the split band thing. Gonna make things easier for Futaba owners. It is the RX being shipped now with many systems.
R168DF which is Futaba's new 8 channel
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLSX4&P=ML
Old 12-13-2006, 10:41 AM
mouthpiec

is the R136F compatible with my TX (Futaba 6YG)

Can i say that receivers that has their code number finishing with 6F, 7F etc... or 6DF 7DF etc .... are compatible with the 6YG?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Montague

yes.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:49 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Can i say that receivers that has their code number finishing with 6F, 7F etc... or 6DF 7DF etc .... are compatible with the 6YG?
And in addition, companies such as Hitec also make receivers that will be compatible with your transmitter. I have several Hitec Electron 6 receivers. They are small, reasonably priced, and work well.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

And in addition, companies such as Hitec also make receivers that will be compatible with your transmitter. I have several Hitec Electron 6 receivers. They are small, reasonably priced, and work well.
Actually not Chuck. Hitec has no RX on 35 MHz or 41 MHz available listed in their catalog.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/HitecCatalog.pdf
[]
Old 12-16-2006, 07:11 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi all,

thanks and regards
sandro
Since you are not US based it is best to point out that you are from Malta and are flying on something other than 72 MHz. The majority of people on this board are from North America and will assume you are on 72 MHz.

I have a Futaba 9C and use almost all Hitec receivers, but I don't know if Hitec has receivers in your band. I read above that they do not.

Also the issue of positive and negative shift may not be an issue in your country.

We welcome your posts, but for your own benefit, name your location when you post.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:03 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: aeajr

Hi all,

thanks and regards
sandro
Since you are not US based it is best to point out that you are from Malta and are flying on something other than 72 MHz. The majority of people on this board are from North America and will assume you are on 72 MHz.

I have a Futaba 9C and use almost all Hitec receivers, but I don't know if Hitec has receivers in your band. I read above that they do not.

Also the issue of positive and negative shift may not be an issue in your country.

We welcome your posts, but for your own benefit, name your location when you post.
NAME HIS LOCATION??? Good grief man, it's posted right under his picture just to the left of every one of his posts and has been since the first post he ever made in these forums. And the freq he uses is in a post up above in this thread and he's given it in prior threads (would not expect that to be remembered though). Now he can't make everyone READ what he presents but he HAS given the required information so on his behalf I'm asking that you get off his back. He's done nothing wrong.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:05 PM
mouthpiec

thanks bruce!!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:21 PM
bruce88123

ANY time buddy.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:15 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: bruce88123

NAME HIS LOCATION??? Good grief man, it's posted right under his picture just to the left of every one of his posts and has been since the first post he ever made in these forums. And the freq he uses is in a post up above in this thread and he's given it in prior threads (would not expect that to be remembered though). Now he can't make everyone READ what he presents but he HAS given the required information so on his behalf I'm asking that you get off his back. He's done nothing wrong.
Yes bruce88123, for his benefit I suggest he mention he is not from North America because people are not noticing his locaiton. I did not notice his location until the 35 mhz post caused me to look over. People are giving him North American based information which may not apply to him. The info is given with the best of intentions not realizing that it doesn't apply to his country.

I have learned, from posting on boards that are based in other countries, that if you ask for electronics info, it is best to mention that you are not from that country so people can take that into account.

This is not for my benefit, but for his. Sorry if that was not clear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.