Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Manual needed for the "CMP F4U Corsair50"

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Manual needed for the "CMP F4U Corsair50"

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 01:08 AM
nucleusbrains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual needed for the "CMP F4U Corsair50"

Where can I find a good written manual for the CMPF4U Corsair50 ?
Cody Patterson.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:14 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Manual needed for the "CMP F4U Corsair50"

G'day Cody,
What's wrong with the manual that came with it?
Old 05-25-2007, 08:47 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: nucleusbrains

Where can I find a good written manual for the CMPF4U Corsair50 ?
That's kind of an oxymoron these days. A "good" manual from CMP. That's sort of like saying military intelligence. They don't exist. Most of the manuals for the Asian made ARF's these days leave a lot to be desired. They are usually 2-5 pages with drawings of the steps, and very little written instructions. Unfortunately this is becoming the norm for ARF's coming from overseas. This is one HUGE reason why I don't recommend the CMP/KMP/Asian ARF's for people just getting started in the hobby, they usually don't have enough experience to compensate for a lacking manual. Experienced models with a few planes under their belt have a pretty good idea of how things go together and and use the drawing in these manuals as a guide and still successfully assemble the plane. But people with no experience usually can't do this. I know that it's not what you want to hear, but I would recommend that you put the Corsair away until you've assembled a few other ARF's so that you can pick up the experience you need to successfully put this one together. If nothing else you could see if you can recruit an experienced modeler at your flying field to help you put this plane together, but I wouldn't recommend that you make a go of it yourself. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the state of the hobby these days.

Ken
Old 05-25-2007, 12:09 PM
opjose

Right on the money!

It would be nice if there was a rating catagory for ARF's reviewed here that also took this into account.

e.g.

Prior ARF/Kit building experience needed: 0, 1-3 models, 2-5 models, etc.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:28 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Opjose,
that is a good idea. I may have to start adding that in my reviews. On my review of the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=814]World Models Super Chipmunk[/link] I did include a rating for the manual. I gave that plane a 3 because it was better than most CMP manuals, but still left some to be desired. But if I had rated the manual on the CMP-ish Long Ez I would have given it a 0. It was the same as discussed here, 5 diagrams that show what goes where, and very very little instructions.

Ken