Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

motor mixture wrong

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

motor mixture wrong

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:55 PM
devil505
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mixture wrong

I have a super tigre ABC 45, I put a new high speed needle valve housing on and the motor didnt run right. I messed around with the idle mixture screw and now the motor isnt right. it will idle fine but when i open the throttle up to go to full power the motor hesitates and spudders really bad for about 10 seconds and then starts to speed up. In the air it is ok but when I do a touch and go it is hard to pull out with enough speed. Can anyone tell me how to reset the idle mixture. If anyone is in the kalamazoo area, I would love you stopped by and helped, thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Kaos1964
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: motor mixture wrong

Sounds like the high end is really rich - hard to tell w/o seeing. Hope this helps...
Old 06-02-2007, 04:18 PM
devil505
My Feedback: (3)

I know the top end is not rich because when I run the motor up to full power if i lean the motor out the motor starts to slow down, I know the main problem is the idle mix screw
Old 06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
bobrev06x

it's rich at the idle screw. turn it in a quarter turn and try again. it should be better. when you get close....just turn an eighth of a turn in or out. dont lean it out too much. better rich than lean.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:33 PM
mbilar1

I'm not familiar with that particular engine, but I got all my engines running perfeclty after reading this forum. The idle mixture sounds rich as stated above. Find it and screw it in out in 1/8 turns (between runs with the engine off so you dont' risk injury), until after idling for 10 or 15 seconds you can push the throttle quickly to full throttle without the engine hesitating. If nothing seems to work, could be an air leak around the carb. I ended up replacing a rubber o-ring from the hardware store for 29 cents.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:54 PM
skeeter_ca

My motors use batteries. LOL.