Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

USING A SPECTRUM DX 7 WITH AN AR 6000

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

USING A SPECTRUM DX 7 WITH AN AR 6000

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 02:06 PM
zig123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USING A SPECTRUM DX 7 WITH AN AR 6000

QUESTION?

I HAVE A DX 7 TRNS WITH AN AR 7000 REC IN MY NEW MODELFLY BEAVER EXP .

I STILL HAVE MY ALPHA 40 (IT'S BEEN REPAIRED) SHOULD FLY WELL ENOUGH NOW.
CAN I USE THE AR 6000 REC WITH STANDARD SERVOS (NOT MINIS) IN THE ALPHA?

THIS WAY I WON'T HAVE TO SWITCH THE REC BACK AND FORTH (HEARD NOT GOOD TO DO) AND THE AR6000 IS $49 AS APPOSED TO $99

IF THE FUNCTION IS THE SAME WHY SPEND ANOTHER $50

ZIG
Old 06-03-2007, 02:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: USING A SPECTRUM DX 7 WITH AN AR 6000

The functions are not the same. The AR6000 is designed for use in parkflyer type airplanes and has a limited range, this should not be used in any plane bigger than a parkflyer. The AR7000 is designed for use in larger RC applications. It has DSM2 in it which means that there are two seperate receivers to help inprove range and reliability. The AR6000 only has one receiver in it, and this could possibly be shielded by the engine, muffler, fuel tank, or other items in the plane. The AR7000 keeps that from happening by placing 2 recievers in the fuselage (and they should be positioned perpendicular to each other and at least 2 inches apart if possible). If one receiver is shielded the other one will be able to pick up the signal. The AR7000 has the range to be used for a glow powered plane such as your alpha. Trust me, spend the extra $50 here.

Ken
Old 06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ken is absolutely correct here. You would be creating something potentialy dangerous. Just imagine what this plane could do if you flew it beyond control range and flew off.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:57 PM
pt40crasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have flown up to .15 size aircraft with the AR6000 with '0' issues. I would expect no issues with a .40 size airplane flown at any reasonable range. Pay attention to the manufacturers warning that this receiver is not to be used in anything bigger than park flyer size aircraft and be very thoughtful about receiver placement in the fuse. It definitely matters where it sits in relation to rx batteries, servos, engines, etc. The rx must be in the 'line of sight' of the tx in all flight attitudes. The safer thing would be to spring for an AR7000. .02.