Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

wet plane

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

wet plane

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 07:00 PM
ABELL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet plane

Got caught in a sudden rain shower today.I got my plane under the only thing close which was my turck. To make a long story short water got inside the fuse. No electronics got wet but there was some water in the fuse in the tail section. I got the water out and dried it out with paper towels best I could. I have let it air dry and every thing looks OK. It is a Hobbico ARF so I don't know what kind of glue was used. I have always swore they used hot glue by the looks of it. Where the water was the glue looked as if it turned white. After it dried it looks fine. What do you think ? Is it OK or have I done a major BooBoo. Oh by the way it's been so long since it has rianed in Fayette County Alabama I had forgot that rain was wet
Old 06-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Big feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wet plane

ha!
Try Northern Ireland, we sometimes forget the sun is dry, and warm for that matter.
Check (as best you can) everything is still secure, if the glue has weakened or partly disolved, you will detect very slight movement below the covering. I have seen a plane fly after getting cought in the rain like yours, half under the van. Unfortunatly, water got inside it and the owner didn't know. He took off only to find the CG moved depending on nose high or low.
To give him his dues, he did get it down in one piece, then I watched as he poured the water out.
If you are unsure can you not email the manufacture and ask about the type of glue used?