Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Combat ???

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Combat ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:22 PM
nucleusbrains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Combat ???

What is combat RC flying? I know they use streamers on their planes but how do you score points? What excatley is the whole combat RC fighting thing? Sound's like fun but then again uh... I dont really know what it is yet either.
Hmmmmmm.

C.P.

A question that often drives me hazy.
Am I or the other's crazy?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Destiny-RCU

Default RE: Combat ???

They run a streamer off the back of each plane and dog fight. The goal is to chase and cut your opponents streamer with your prop...it's not easy but fun
Old 06-10-2007, 08:11 PM
RAGII

Default RE: Combat ???

Each plane has a 30 ft. streamer attached to the back of the plane. You score points by "cutting" the other streamers. A combat heat lasts 5 minutes at which time the score for that round is recorded. 20 points for launching on time, 20 points if you fly the whole heat, 100 points for each cut, and 4 points for each foot of original streamer you have left. If you want more information try the combat area here, or check out www.rccombat.com which is the offical site of the combat SIG of AMA. There are many different classes which all have different rules regarding the aircraft.

Of course you can also just get a bunch of club members to attach streamers and have fun. We do that at our club almost every week.

Rob