Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Big Brothers

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Big Brothers

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Dave trimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Brothers

Well i'm 16 if you don't know and on Saturday our club ran the big brothers fun fly and with exams comming up it was hektick(sp?). where little brothers and sisters (from the organization) are invited to fly with insructors. I was the chairman for this event and was the first time in the start of my snd yr in the hobby I ran an event. I brought out, parachute men little foam air planes, and we had a candy drop. A friend brought out a lg 3D plane and showed the crowed some stuff. we had a sim out and even had a BBQ. It was great.

After the event I flew my combat spad and after a few flights that day I took it up for a steep dive but I guess as I was climbing for my 2nd dive I was about to fly toward the ground my plane did a wing over and started spinning[sm=52_52.gif]. I quicky realized it was a "death" spiral after a quick second and I cut throttle and pointed the nose to the ground. at the last second after I had enough air speed I pulled up and dead sticked it, I beellied landed and came to a stop right infront of my station[8D]. I looked at it and relized my mount pulled off on one side and ripped it half out[sm=confused_smile.gif]. It will be an easy repair but as I was watching my white election sign board and evestrough coming down in a spiral I thought, How far am I going to have to walk. I was very nervous but I learned a lot, to stay come and figure out how to fix the problem.

Thanks for reading, Dave Trimmer

Edit: sorry I forgot I turneed 17[:@]
Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 AM
rwright142

Default RE: Big Brothers

Congrats on the save!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 AM
jmurphy18

Default RE: Big Brothers

Congrats on the event and the save Dave