Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

READY to start my RCing

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

READY to start my RCing

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:01 PM
shd3920

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default READY to start my RCing

A short update on my emotional situation.

For those of you interested, whether or not you know of my circumstances as mentioned in an earlier thread {[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5848963/anchors_5848963/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#5848963]DEATH TO R/C???????[/link]}, although I am still devastated by my best friends death a month ago and I am still struggling financially to save my house (also my family's home) but I believe I am at the point of trying my hand at RCing with the trainers I have. I do not have a way to transport my things to the field so I may have to try to teach myself [sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=drowning.gif] at a field near my home which I know is tabboo at RCU but sometimes you don't have a choice, and I have heard of some here that have taught themselves somewhat successfully. I will let you all know how things come along, wish me luck
Old 06-10-2007, 11:29 PM
AIRDEL

Default RE: READY to start my RCing

Wish I was closer and I would get you to a field. Best of luck whatever you do.

Del
Old 06-10-2007, 11:49 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

Good luck with your personal life. Hope it all works out for you and yours.

As far as flying R/C, maybe someone here who is near you will chime in and offer to help you out. If you do decide to go at it without an instructor, be sure no one is around just to be on the safe side. If you hurt someone or something,,,your problems will mount.

Good luck,,,,if you were closer to Texas, I'd help you out. I've taught 4 people to fly for free. My fee is always a handshake.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Hi
Sorry to here about your lose. I have however been one of the few members on here that has taught themself to fly both airplanes and helicopters by themself. While i don't neccesary recomend I learned to fly pretty fast. I am not sure how good your current flying level is. I did start with rc cars (helped with perspectice) and then moved up to a slowstick which i swear anybody could fly it. If you don't have those or can't afford to buy some get you plane out on the street in front of your house and taxi it around. I good idea might to even setup a small obsticle corse. Again, perspective in terms of turning left and right is the hardest part because it changes as the plane flies toward. Up and down however doesn't change. Now, i do recmoend getting a duraplane for one seeking to teech themselves. Why you ask? Becuase the are VERY durable very simple an easy to biuld. I also like how while not over doing you they teach you the basics of covering, hinging, and biulding. They arn't really a arf and arn't really a kit either. The trainer 40 is what i learned on. Non the less, it was a very fun experience and I believe the kit only costs 70 dollars with all biulding equipment. Non of the bad crashes i had were actually apart of my piloting error. But they did end up going in pretty hard. I did help with landings when i almost always rolled of the runway. All in all a good plane to learn on if you want to teach yourself!
Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 PM
acarter

ORIGINAL: cruzomatic

Good luck with your personal life. Hope it all works out for you and yours.

As far as flying R/C, maybe someone here who is near you will chime in and offer to help you out. If you do decide to go at it without an instructor, be sure no one is around just to be on the safe side. If you hurt someone or something,,,your problems will mount.

Good luck,,,,if you were closer to Texas, I'd help you out. I've taught 4 people to fly for free. My fee is always a handshake.

you might want to have someone watching, just in case, because a glow plane's prop could easily take a finger off, be careful and good luck