Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

big stick 40 question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

big stick 40 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 PM
rcplaneflyer78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big stick 40 question

I acquired a great planes big stik 40 it had been repaired multiple times and I reset the CG so that the plane is level on the rear of the spar and the book says should be 5lb 3oz it now weighs 6lb 1 oz I was wondering if the plane is too heavy for the OS 46LA engine that is on it. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:08 PM
aldelp
My Feedback: (76)

Default RE: big stick 40 question

I'm sure that it will be fine. I have 2, 1 with a Supertigre .45 that I have been flying for 4 years. One that I put together this year with a Magnum .46 that I very rarely fly over 1/3 throttle and either will do anything in or out of the book. i'm sure you will enjoy it for a long time.

Al
Old 06-12-2007, 05:26 PM
rcplaneflyer78

it had some repairs to the tail and i had to add 6oz to the fuel compartment to get it level and was not sure if it was too heavy but thanx alot
Old 06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
jrbmoto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6 lb 1 oz isn't too heavy. We all know that lighter flys better but Big Sticks have lots of wing area so it shouldn't be a problem. I assume you've moved your battery as far forward as possible, perhaps under the fuel tank. Also, moving the servos forward, just behind the fuel tank will help. This will eliminate the need for tail weight thereby decreasing the overall weigh -Johnny-
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Your .46 LA will fly the plane just fine, but ironically it might be why you're having trouble balancing the plane. The .46 LA is quite lightweight, coming in at 3 to 4 ounces less than a typical .46 ball-bearing 2-stroke.