Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

looking for second plane.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

looking for second plane.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:21 PM
will in the 985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for second plane.

Even though i havent flown my trainer yet im looking for a sceond plane to build while i learn how to fly it. It's almost my birthday also, so that's another excuss to get one. I'm leaning towards a Great Planes, Rapture 40, but i hear alot of good things about the SIG 4* and CG Tiger 2. Which one should i try out? I want to cover it to look like the Red Bull race plane, which either the Rapture or the 4* would best fit the bill. I've seen the Tiger 2 flown and it looked like it was avle to do alot of deifferent aerobatics. Which on would be the easiest to continue my learning on?

thanks,
will
Old 08-26-2007, 04:59 PM
M. Michael Meyer

Default RE: looking for second plane.

I am prejudiced, but I love my 4* with a ST .40 engine.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:44 PM
will in the 985

If anyone as flown all three please chime in. Also, anyone who has built any of them please chime in, because this will be my first kit. I've read over the rapture's building manual and doesn't seem to difficult.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
SEEMEfly1
Banned

i love those planes red bull planes
Old 08-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 4* is a great plane, the kit builds light and easy. Repairs and maintenance are easy and the open cheek design make it engine adjustments a breeze.
It is very aerobatic , but also can be forgiving at slower speeds. I kit built mine and it went together faster than any of other kits I`ve built.
This plane is flown more than all my others put together , so it gets hammered on pretty hard and often. The landing gear has held up well and believe me ,I have tested it . Have a Saito .56 and 12x6 APC in mine and it seems to be a perfect match. But beleive a good .40 or .46 2c would work too.
The 4* has been around for many years and there is a reason why they are still being built today. Get one, you wont be disappointed. I can not think, of one bad thing to say about it.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:11 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

I have never heard of a bad sig kit and can't find any who has either. love my 4*60, LT 40 and have a kit on the bench sig's profile ultimate bipe.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:45 PM
will in the 985

Thanks, you guys. Sounds like the 4*'s a winner. Only thing is, i dont like the canopy, but i've seen where people turn it around and cut it to give it a more stream line appearence. I'll have to see if my mother will drop the extra $10 for the SIG.