Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Carl Goldberg Gone >

Carl Goldberg Gone

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Carl Goldberg Gone

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:46 AM
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Gone

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Just bustin' ya Ken.
I know ya are!!! I just wasn't gonna give in that easily!!!

After our project I really gain new respect of UC. Some things were really nice about it, like being able to recover from bad BAD wrinkles. One thing that drove me up the wall was it seperating from the backing paper before you are ready for it. I guess everything has good's and bad's

Ken
Old 09-27-2007, 07:55 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

And that was only because that was a really old sheet
Old 09-27-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate old sheet. Now I'm turning into it.[:@] Slowly though.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they were doing alright until the message said "quality company like Great Planes" basicly they S***!!
I know ALL TOO WELL WHAT THEY ARE REALLY LIKE AND HOW THEY HAVE MALIGNED & DAMAGED OUR HOBBY.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:55 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I have to disagree. They've never given me anything but top-knotch products and excellent customer service.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:30 PM

I have a Goldberg Extra and need a canopy for it. I have had the local hobby shops call and have emailed GP myself to find out that nobody seems to know who is in charge of CG or know anything about getting any parts for their models. I have found that if you need fiberglass or windshields or anything that can be molded for CG you can find at Fiberglass Specialities in Garfield, AR. www.fiberglassspecialities.comGood Luck!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: RCMIKE73

I have a Goldberg Extra and need a canopy for it. I have had the local hobby shops call and have emailed GP myself to find out that nobody seems to know who is in charge of CG or know anything about getting any parts for their models. I have found that if you need fiberglass or windshields or anything that can be molded for CG you can find at Fiberglass Specialities in Garfield, AR. www.fiberglassspecialities.comGood Luck!
Did you check out the Goldberg site?
http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/.../gbga0055.html has a list of parts and part numbers for all you have mentioned.
Contact for info
Please also note that listing the name of the specific product you are inquiring about in the subject of your email may help accelerate our response time.

Aircraft and aircraft related products - [email protected]
Old 03-06-2008, 12:07 AM

The Stinger series, Shrike and giant scale kits and ARFs are among the most recognized names
in the hobby industry.
And, all those are being phased out. I would like to know if anything will carry the Lanier name anymore.

NorfolkSouthern
Old 03-06-2008, 07:10 AM
My Feedback: (1)

MinnFlyer:

You may recall that I bought the Goldberg Protege based on your recomendation and your review. I am very happy with that plane.

I just realized that you did a review on the Goldberg Skylark 70 so I went over to the reviews and took a look. Once again, you have convinced me as to what my next plane is going to be. I asked the LHS to order me a Skylark 56 but he ordered both the 56 AND the 70 versions knowing that he would sell them. Well, they both are sitting on his shelf and I look at them both every time I go in.

I had the 56 back in 1977 as my first plane. It actually was my trainer. I flew it several times, but ended up crashing it after I made an adjustment on the elevators and failed to put the little rubber keeper on the clevis.. and it came apart in flight. The instructor tried to save it, but it hit hard, nose on, right on the concrete runway in Samoa, California. I was somewhat devastated.

Since I was on a Coast Guard Ship at the time, our patrol schedule was brutal.. 10 days out, 10 days in, and in our in time, we were on 2 hour standby.. so we got underway many times in our in-port days, so we were constantly out to sea. This schedule prevented me from rebuilding, so I just dropped the hobby at the time. Then my continued career just took me further and further away from the hobby based on locations of my assignments.

After my retirement, I was driving by a local field and stopped dead in my tracks as I saw an RC aircraft flying by in a near by field. I immediately went in and started up a conversation with the pilot.. and voila.. back in the hobby I was.

I went through my training sessions and solo'ed then Goldberg Products came out with their classic Skylark 56!! I was thrilled and bought one. I was still a novice but didn't care, I wanted one. I put an OS 52 Suprass four stroke (what a pain that was for a novice..) and flew it. I had it for several weeks until I went out on one windy day and managed to destroy it.. conditions way beyond my capabilities.. learned a very good lesson there.

Step forward a several years and many flights worth of experience later.. and now the Goldberg 70 is out!! I am so thrilled.

Your review did it again, Mike. I am going to call Dave at the LHS and tell him to put a sold sign on the Skylark 70. I am also going to have him put aside a new OS 75 AX.. or may have him order me a new 91 Four Stroke.. not sure yet. But I will definitely decide by this coming weekend.. if he has the 91 in stock, I may get that.. If not, I know he has at least one 75 on the shelf, so I will go for that.

Thanks for a great review and for helping me decide..yet again!! And, based on the Protege, and how easy it went together, AND how I needed zero... 0 .... nada... nose weight to make the perfect CG with that plane/engine combination (and a 1200 mah NiMh Venim 5 cell battery behind the fuel tank), if Goldberg continues with this quality under the Great Planes banner.. well, they will have winners all over the place!!!

CGr. (Dick)