Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What did you get for Xmas?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What did you get for Xmas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:12 PM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you get for Xmas?

Chopper,
I am very sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you this Wonderful season.
You and you're family are in my thoghts and prayers.

Chris.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed two items on the hobby shop counter and left the store: a Sig Kobra and a Supertigre 40. I thought she might have picked the Supertigre 40. Instead, she picked the Kobra. I need an engine for that. Might make it electric. I thought she would have gone for the least expensive item. If I knew she would picked the more expensive kit, I would have made it a Something Extra. Just kidding she's great!
Old 12-23-2007, 03:56 PM
snacker

How come most of you guys already know what you're getting? Your supposed to wait for Christmas you know. The anticipation and shaking the boxes is part of the fun for me. I like to watch family trying to guess my presents for them too.

I am hoping for a dremel but I really don't have a clue. I've been shaking one box that might be it but I can't be sure. It sounds like there might be some small parts inside.

The only thing I know for sure is my wife's getting an ipod nano and gift certificate, and we all chipped in for a plasma tv for Mom and Dad.

EDIT: By the way I'm thankful for every year for any presents. Except one year, I think it was 1989. That year I managed to get three tie racks and about twenty ties. That year stunk. I was young and didn't even like ties. Actually it may have been 87, the same year I got luggage for high school graduation.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:39 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: chopper man

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Just remember no matter what you get for gifts, your family is the best gift that you could ever get. Having my wife pass away last month has been the toughest thing I have had to endure but I realize what a precious gift she was to us and the wonderful gift I have in our little 7 year old daughter.
MERRY CHRISTmas!!

chopper man
Chopper Man, Not to copy what anyone else has said, but I too am sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for sure. God bless.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:01 PM
FLYINGSHAME

I have a seagul arising star 40 artf trainer high wing, .46 irvine engine and a futuba 6ex 2.4 ghz radio with 4 servos, all the starting equipment, fuel etc and everything to complete the build. This is my first time at rc planes and cant wait, i have already paid my club subscription and insurance in anticipation. i will post to ubdate when i have my first day at the club. MERRY Christmas all
Old 12-23-2007, 06:31 PM
clouddancer

It seems some of you have been peeking,or you open gifts early.

My cousin told me He just takes his wife to Home Depot or Lowes or where ever, and points at what he wants,and (says thats from you to me).
I enjoy being surprized, id hate to find out what i was getting early.

Im going out of town for Christmas, so i started this thread a fews days early so i could read what you all got when i
got back. Sounds like some of you are making out pretty well.

Dont forget to take a moment and remember what xmas day is all about. Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

????????????????????? Tell you in A couple of days. There was nothing I wanted or needed so the wife was put to the test again this year. Last year we just moved here and we didn't bother getting anything at all, year before that it was A nice new Brison 40cc gas engine.
I did go out and buy the wife A really nice watch though this year. I admit I was thinking of all the cool stuff I could have gotten myself with all that secret modeling money. Then again there wouldn't have been so much if something had caught my eye.
You guys have A great Xmas!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 09:14 AM
starkms

We aren't getting each other anything this year.........So I got myself a Streamline 50, Saito FA-62, JR X9303, Waiting for the wind to go below 20 so I can maiden it. I got the Nintendo Wii for my wife, she won't know until tomorrow.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:07 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: snacker

How come most of you guys already know what you're getting? Your supposed to wait for Christmas you know. The anticipation and shaking the boxes is part of the fun for me. I like to watch family trying to guess my presents for them too.

I am hoping for a dremel but I really don't have a clue. I've been shaking one box that might be it but I can't be sure. It sounds like there might be some small parts inside.
Next to the Visa card, the Dremel is a must for any hobbyist IMO... and many other's opinion.

I don't even touch my presents under the tree until Christmas. I like the surprise. I have a friend that peeks at all of his gifts and looks throughout the house for the rest... he's 34. His wife sends gifts to my house when she doesn't want him to find them.

One year I was wrapping my wife's presents and my wife saw me put them under the tree.

"Ohh.... what'd you get me?"

"I got you that snowboarding jacket, pants and gloves you asked for."

"Awww - you ruined the surprise, why'd you tell me?"

"...because you asked."

Since then she hasn't asked me that question.

EDIT: By the way I'm thankful for every year for any presents. Except one year, I think it was 1989. That year I managed to get three tie racks and about twenty ties. That year stunk. I was young and didn't even like ties. Actually it may have been 87, the same year I got luggage for high school graduation.
Haha - any piano key ties perchance?

somegeek
Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 PM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: snacker

The only thing I know for sure is my wife's getting an ipod nano and gift certificate, and we all chipped in for a plasma tv for Mom and Dad.

Hey snacker,
Last year my brother put a few boxes with nuts, bolts, washers, etc. (anything that would make noise) as presents for my kids (9 and 11 at the time). Of course they picked them up and started shaking them. You should have seen the look on their faces[X(]! Bad Uncle, bad bad bad.

I have an idea what I might be getting, but will have to wait till tomorrow.
Happy Holidays to all
Old 12-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It still ain't Christmas yet.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 12-24-2007, 02:16 PM
mrlikescheese

ORIGINAL: cruzomatic

It's not Christmas yet, this thread is a bit early, but thus far I got a new Futaba 9Cap Super.

Oh and the truck:
put a topper on that and u could fit quite a few planes in there!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:39 PM
hungryandbroke

ORIGINAL: hungryandbroke

I'm hoping to get a semi full of fuel. That's all I need to get me through the summer.
Actually, I don't look forward to the fuel truck arriving but one thing for sure, my daughter is getting me a 6 month old kitten she rescued from the animal shelter to keep it from being euthenized. I'm happier about that than any rc airplane I could get on the market!

Merry Christmas, especially to the less fortunate that get hardly anything. I know the feeling growing up as a kid. My heart goes out to you and I really mean that!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:23 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: mrlikescheese

ORIGINAL: cruzomatic

It's not Christmas yet, this thread is a bit early, but thus far I got a new Futaba 9Cap Super.

Oh and the truck:
put a topper on that and u could fit quite a few planes in there!
I can't decide between a topper or one of those lid types.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Dogfights the first season. Cool!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:23 PM
snacker

ORIGINAL: somegeek

Haha - any piano key ties perchance?

somegeek
No piano key ties but I did get a Chistmas tie that if you push it in a certain place it would play jingle bells. I had to wear that one to church that year.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:53 PM
flying DJ

well guys i got a 3DLUCY from polks hobby shop and a super tigre 40 my wife did alright this year
Old 12-25-2007, 10:36 AM
bobmargie

The wife paid my AMA membership, got me a 2 year subscription to RC Modeler and a .025 size Gee Bee racer! Pretty cute, I hope it flys alright, anyone have any experience with these small versions? It is built so that it can be either electric or nitro. I dont have much experience with electrics other than a couple of foamys I just finished putting together.[8D]
Old 12-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Alex7403

"honey, people are getting lots of goodies for cristmas, how come i didnt get anything from you?"

"Stop it alex you got a cordless dremel for hanuka"

just trying

For christmas i bought stuff for others and got invited for a good meal.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2007, 12:59 PM
snacker

I got a dremel too. It's charging now.

Also gift certificate for LHS. Now I gotta figure out what to buy with it.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:08 PM
troposcuba

'75?? nice. so for next xmas you will be needing a built smallblock stroker or better yet a bigblock... hmmm new clutch, new... well nevermind, that is another addiction in itself. I have about $21K in boxes in the garage next to my '65 chevelle (and still need more stuff). had the car since '87, the project never ends. have fun.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:10 PM
goirish

Wife got me a Futaba 7CAP for the Futaba 6exap that bit the dust. She did good. It only cost me about 7 outfits for her.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:58 PM
housedad

nice trade on the dresses!!!

Wife, kids, and brother gave me a Kybolt kit, SK90 w/pitts, Ultra Sport w/75AX, Tiger 60 With Tower .75. 3 PCM REecievers, and a load of servo's, Realflight G4, and Flight SimX

I'm Real happy.

oh, yeah, I got SOCKS!! Warm wooley ones!!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got PJs, two pair!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:41 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found out that a.50 cal muzzleloader fits in a box the same size as a Top Flite P-51............

I couldn't have been more surprised. I asked why the muzzleloader? They were afraid I would crash the plane after I built it.

I am still wearing the cast on my right foot from breaking my heel in a 20' fall from Thanksgiving. (During deer season). I think a crash would be a lot less painful.

Merry Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27762.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	833936  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.