Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

9CAP radio, adjustable flap speed??

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

9CAP radio, adjustable flap speed??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Fastsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP radio, adjustable flap speed??

Hi all, I am looking at moving "down" to just one radio by buying a Futaba 9 Cap snth. version. Can the flap speed be adjusted when you use one of the toggle switches for the flaps on the 9CAP Futaba radio?? [8D]
Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: 9CAP radio, adjustable flap speed??

No. You would have to install one of those gizmos between the servo and reciever (can't think of what it's called, having a brain fart) that slows the servo, like used for scale gear (or flaps) deployment. If you put the flaps on one of the rotary switches though, you can control them as fast or slow as you want, as well as just how much you want, rather than all or none.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The air break function has a setting for flaps/elevator and it provides for a slow up on elevator. I haven't looked at this to close, but there may be a way to use it for flaps. Check in the manual for Air brakes. Also on the how to's on Futaba's web site. If you don't have the manual, I think you can download it from the Futaba site.

A rotary switch is a good option for a simple setup though like KHodges said. It gives you the ability to use partial flaps as the need comes up. I would suggest that you use a toggle switch to enable it though. Last fall, I was playing around setting up the air brakes and forgot to disable the function before a flight. What a wild hare I had on my hands. When I finally got it down, I discovered that I had applied about 10 degrees up flapperon by bumping the rotary I was going to use for brakes. An interlock toggle would be a good idea. Now that I've said that, I'm going to have to check and make sure you really can do it. The air brakes work though.

Don
Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Fastsky

Thankx for the replys. I went ahead and ordered the radio last night. TH has a $30.00 off and Futaba has a $50.00 merchandise rebate and saved some shipping charges with the TH club. The radio is also $50.00 less than last springs price so is a better value now. Should have it in a couple of weeks. Later...
Old 02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this if you like it. Cheap.
http://www.teamdelta.com/products/prod2a.htm

Google for "servo slower" for more ideas. That's where I found this one.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you can put the flaps function on the slider switches on the back of the TX. I have found that to be the ideal switch for my flaps.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Fastsky

Thankx for the feed back and ideas. I just received an email that the radio has been shipped. [8D]