Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Towerhobbies Mistake

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Towerhobbies Mistake

Old 05-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Shortymet55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towerhobbies Mistake

Just letting any potential buyers of the "Build Your own Combo" for the Tiger 60 on Towerhobbies know, there is a mistake. All the listed engines are 40 size. They range from .40 to .46 I already emailed tower, but just in case some of you are looking to buy, I might as well warn you, so you don't accidentally buy an engine you cant use.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:20 PM
PA BEN

Default RE: Towerhobbies Mistake

Manufactures are always under sizeing there engines. If it's a 60size go with a 60.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only possible exception to that would be the OS 55 AX engine.

CGr
Old 06-01-2008, 02:47 PM
carrellh

The Tiger 60 is listed in the "40 size" section by mistake.

Unless it's a first trainer I do not see any value in the 'build your own combo' section.

One had combo savings of 10.55 and the glow driver it includes is 9.99 so anyone who already has a glow driver doesn't really save anything.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:48 AM
mikekosatka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last catalogue I recieved from Tower had another (bigger mistake) on the Tiger 60. They had the prices reversed for the Tiger60 ARF and the Tiger60 kit! They were in two different places in the catalogue.(same page). I went online and ordered the ARF for like $109 but it kept pricing it w/ the higher price. I called the ordering service and the Tower Girl confirmed that it was a mistake and they couldn't/wouldn't honor the advertized price. No problem, I was just checking anyway. She said that there are ALWAYS mistakes in the catalogues, even in items they haven't changed prices or specs. on in months. They just appear... GREMLINS.
When I look at a plane at any online store, I go to the manufactors site. It's amazing how many mistakes get made. Wing span, weight, confusing inches w/ centimeters or ounces with grams.
Please keep posting /reading alerts, but do your own homework too
Mike