Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Model Tech Magic ARF

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Model Tech Magic ARF

Old 05-15-2003, 09:48 PM
hardlanding7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Model Tech Magic ARF

I have graduated from a trainer and can fly it proficiently. I am now thinking about a second plane and wondering how I would do with the Model Tech Magic ARF with a Tower Hobbies .46 in the nose. How does it fly? Is it a good second plane? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:06 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wrote an article on it a couple months ago in the review forum. Check it out there so I don't have to re-type it.

I think it would make a pretty good second plane. It is very stable and flys very nice. The only thing I don't like about it is the skid on the tail instead of a tail wheel, but they were trying to save weight. I have the .46 FX in it and it flys great, hovers, does anything you want. the only thing I didn't like about the flight on it was it was too stable, so I put a bunch of lead on the tail and made it unstable. It is getting closer to doing what I want. You will like it. I did have to use a micro servo on the throttle though to get the radio and all in, it is tight.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Montague

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never built or flown one, but my home field is crawling with them, at least 6 that I know of. So it must be good for something

Oh, I will say that they are built very lightly. That's a good thing for flight performance of course. But they sure to turn in to lots of itty bitty bits in a hurry when things go wrong.