Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Remote controlled needle valve

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Remote controlled needle valve

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
skhell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remote controlled needle valve

ORIGINAL: Villa

Hello skhell
The R/C electric fuel pumps used to refill the R/C fuel tanks seem to have a short life.
That's what I was afraid of...

Is there any other type of electric pumps in R/C?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Flying freak

ORIGINAL: skhell

Hello skhell
The R/C electric fuel pumps used to refill the R/C fuel tanks seem to have a short life.

Yes, They are used in turbines and they seem to last a fairly long time
Old 08-12-2008, 06:09 PM
The Ghost

Skhell, you are trying to over complcate things. All you need is a small regulator valve (similar to our needle valves) between the oil supply and the intake manifold between the throtal body(carby) and engine. The vacuum of the engine will pull the oil through. You need the top of oil supply tank to level with the intake point on the manifold or as close as possiable. You require a very small amount of oil to go through the system as all it is for is to lub the valve seats. That is what the lead in the pre unleaded fuel days done. Or you can get a car with an alloy head and then you don't need that oil anyway as it will have stelite seats and hardened valves. Your Toyota motor cars must have different type of engine as out here all Toyota's will take LPG, it is just some thing that the car manifactures don't want as common knowlage. The other thing is mods such as LPG conversion in the new car warranty period will void the warranty.

Cheers
Old 08-13-2008, 06:12 AM
skhell

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Skhell, you are trying to over complcate things. All you need is a small regulator valve (similar to our needle valves) between the oil supply and the intake manifold between the throtal body(carby) and engine. The vacuum of the engine will pull the oil through. You need the top of oil supply tank to level with the intake point on the manifold or as close as possiable. You require a very small amount of oil to go through the system as all it is for is to lub the valve seats. That is what the lead in the pre unleaded fuel days done. Or you can get a car with an alloy head and then you don't need that oil anyway as it will have stelite seats and hardened valves. Your Toyota motor cars must have different type of engine as out here all Toyota's will take LPG, it is just some thing that the car manifactures don't want as common knowlage. The other thing is mods such as LPG conversion in the new car warranty period will void the warranty.

Cheers
Hi The Ghost!

That's basically the system that I have on my car (an Honda Accord). The problem is that some how the system stops dropping oil into the engine and we cant understand why. We think thats because of the irregular turbulence that some times is created in the air intake manifold, making the vacuum on the tube that connects the system to the intake manifold to simply disappear... Thats why I want something that is more controlled.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 AM
The Ghost

With a Honda You should not need the oil anyway as it has an alloy head and would have tha stelite seats and hard valves anyway. Don't need the oil for Honda in this country. Check the vacuum fittings on the throtal body or carby as one will have vacuum on it at all throtal settings.

Cheers
Old 08-13-2008, 06:40 AM
skhell

Humm, thats weird...

Here in Portugal, any installation of LPG in a Honda will get a valve saver kit. My Honda Accord is a 1.8 from 2000 and the engine is a F18B2.

Any way, I will look at the vacuum fittings and try to find one that has vacuum on it at all throttle settings.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 AM
The Ghost

Well a 2000 model anything is made for ULP(unleaded) in this country so that could be the difference.

Cheers
Old 08-13-2008, 07:28 AM
skhell

ORIGINAL: Flying freak

ORIGINAL: skhell

Hello skhell

Yes, They are used in turbines and they seem to last a fairly long time
Hi!

Can anyone tell me where I can find this pumps online?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:33 AM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

Not to demean the discussion in this thread, but can somebody tell me how it relates to RC Airplane Beginners? Perhaps the moderator could move this to a more appropriate area?

Brad
Old 05-31-2018, 09:40 PM
tomy2017

ok...good ...we would like to help you
Old 06-05-2018, 09:36 AM
r ward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in most larger oil injected 2 cycle engines the oil metering is proportionally connected to the throttle . as the throttle opens the oil delivery increases and vise-verse. if you are using this oil as a lube for valve train protection, you might be able to set up some linkage to work the same way off the throttle servo. as a throttle servo is very under labored...... there should be plenty of reserve servo power available to easily run another system. proportioning can be achieved through slave levers and/or belcrank(s) to increase, decrease, or reverse pushrod travel to the oil metering valve in proportion to the throttle rod travel.
as far a pump goes. the oil tank could be pressurized by a tap in the crankcase of the engine, using secondary compression or off the silencer, as fuel tanks are pressurized, to pressurize the oil tank, rather than using an electric pump.

Last edited by r ward; 06-05-2018 at 09:43 AM. Reason: additions
Old 06-06-2018, 05:50 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Err ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT

You are replying to a 10 year old thread