Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

9C question using Hitec digitals and D/R etc.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

9C question using Hitec digitals and D/R etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Flyboy1958
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C question using Hitec digitals and D/R etc.

First off, in the end point screen, should I be leaving my end points at 100% when using digital servos and programming the end points with my programmer? This brings me to my next question, should I be then first setting my High D/R at 130% to 140% in the D/R- Exp. screen to max out the resolution? ( I have been dialing up my end points to 130%-140% thinking I was *****g my resolution that way, and leaving my D/R at 100%) is that wrong? I then flip an assigned switch down for my low rates and dial my D/R from 100% to what it needs to be. I guess what Im getting at is, is this the screen that I should be initally dialing up my D/R to 140% max with high rates if I want to max out my resolution?
The next thing I am wondering now is this. I have been setting my end points at 130% thinking I will have room to play with and using my programmer to set my end points and find my neutral. This is when I went to the D/R screen and leaving my high D/R at 100% and dialing down my low rate to what it needs to be. Now Im thinking Im probably wrong, that it doesn't matter what I set my end points at in that menu if I am programming Hitec digitals and finding the end points with the programmer, right? I need someone to set me straight quick! Thanks
Old 08-30-2008, 12:36 PM
alfredbmor

Default RE: 9C question using Hitec digitals and D/R etc.

First set mechanically the throws of the superficies with the provided horns (one hole down or up accordingly), then check that the high rates are at 100%, and that the throws are per the manual, once that you have set the low and high rates mechanically and checking in your radio that servos move at 100% when in high rates, leave the throws on your radio at the center (Trim also) then use the servo programmer and see if at the neutral throw of the servo appears 0%, if not, disconnect the linkages and set the servo at 0%, reconnect the linkage and see if when all sticks at neutral the servo is 0% if so it's done by now. After flying and trimming the plane you can readjust the 0% with the servo programming.
I hope this could be of help.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:02 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: 9C question using Hitec digitals and D/R etc.

also remember 140 may not be what you want.....it may take so long to get back to neutral from 140 that you are actually hurting the performance of your aircraft...I always set throws per manual then adjust from there depending on what I see in flight
Good Flyin