Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Has anyone seen this plane before?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Has anyone seen this plane before?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:57 PM
fly boy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone seen this plane before?

I got this plane from a guy at our club and i also got a second plane, but i asked him if i need a training cord, but he said that it is so easy to fly that he will take it up and let me have the controls, and if i get in any trouble just to let go of everything, and when i get my second plane running thats when i will use a buddy box, the entire fuselage is plastic and he said its really indestructable but i bet can prove him wrong
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76200.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1023412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20853.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1023413  
Old 08-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone seen this plane before?

Looks like someone's one-off "custom" job.

You're going to go through a lot of props unless it also came with landing gear. Otherwise, the only way to land it will be to kill the engine and hope the airspeed is low enough for compression to hold the prop horizintal.

Any idea where the center-of-gravity should be?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:32 PM
fly boy2

yeah i bought wooden props so it wouldnt tear the engine out , the LHS said that they could put some gear on it but, i can always try to grab it when i kill the engine the people have been so nice to me the first time i went to a meeting i got a giant scale pattern plane and the 3rd time i got that and a stik 40
Old 08-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

. . . but, i can always try to grab it when i kill the engine
I hope you're joking. [X(]

. . . the people have been so nice to me the first time i went to a meeting i got a giant scale pattern plane and the 3rd time i got that and a stik 40
Sounds like you're on the fast track to somewhere. Pattern, Stiks and giant scale on ther tarmac and still on your first. Hope you fill out those big plans well and enjoyably. I'd worry about getting good with plane #1 before I invested in #2, 3 & 4 without knowing what you might like or dislike about them.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:04 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

landing gear install on that type of fuselage is quite simple. Check out
SPADTOTHEBONE.COM
4 pieces of 6"yard stick, 4 1/4-20 blindnuts with PLASTIC 1/4-20 bolts and your ready to go with an aluminum gear and some wheels of course. If you fly on grass I would recomend 3.5 "diameter wheels. A tail wheel is not totally needed but might be nice. recheck CG
Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 PM
fly boy2

i flew it today and i loved it, I will admit flying is harder than it looks, I cant roll out of a turn just right and, the wind was not helping at all, and i stalled it and looped it while trying to stay level, For those of you have soloed and beyond, hats off to ya'll, i flown full scale and trying to slow fly in real windy condition is easier then flying rc, the guy asked me if a ever flown a plane or a sim before and i said no, i have flown some cheap walmart toys before but thats it, i have orderd a sim and it should be on its way.