Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

perfect loop

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

perfect loop

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:00 AM
wvaborn
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default perfect loop

Hi guy's:
Still learning to fly on the buddy box. Yesterday,my instructor and I were going up for the second time, I took off, banked to the right, started gaining some altitude, when all of a sudden the trainer did a perfect loop. I thought my instructor had taken over, for some reason, because I knew I had not done that loop!
So, I asked him if he had done that, and he said no. The plane started doing all kinds of erratic stuff and neither one of us had any control. The plane was doing its own thing, waffling and floating thru the sky. Finally, my instructor gained enough control to get the plane down in one piece, he did a super job of saving that plane. We were lucky. The battery checked out fine, antenna wire was where it has always been, came home and did a very long range check, everything worked fine.
Any ideas,so this won't happen again? There was another flyer in the air at the time, but was on a different channel. Does it sound like I could have been hit by some one, somewhere?
Thanks in advance for your input.
WVABORN
Old 09-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: perfect loop

Check your wing. I had a plane do this to me (a trainer) and it turned out that the High G's I was pulling and the over sized engine I was running seperated the joint where the two wing halfes come together. This allowed the wing to flex/flap at higher speeds. At high speed the plane did a loop on it's own with no input from me. Kind of scary isn't it[X(]
Old 09-06-2008, 10:05 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do a long range check with the engine running. You might have a vibration issue with your receiver. Good Luck, Dave
Old 09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
F-15 Fan

Thats how I lost my trainer, the wing ripped off, after awhile. The rubberbands failed.[&o]
Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
jetmech05

You could've had wing flap...not enough or/and reused rubber bands...lets the wing float around changing the incidence, and sliding side to side....do not reuse rubber bands they're just too cheap to risk your airplane over....I always use 12 rubber bands front to back and criss cross like this ( lXl ) do this 3 times....Dave has a excellent idea as well
Old 09-06-2008, 02:21 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If any of your radio gear is used you may have a setup that someone tried to work on themselves. I lost my first plane on account of that.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:11 PM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

You might check that the buddy box cord and connectors are working properly. Especially if the buddy box has some age on it.
Ive seen two cases, several years ago, where the buddy box connector was the grimlin making an airplane do funny things.

As best I remember, the connection became intermittent and would basically cancell the control from either Tx.

Cheers.