Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Airtronics question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Airtronics question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Mdhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics question

I have a couple Airtronics setups. I need a new servo and wanted to know what kind of connector they have. I see alot of them advertise as "Z plugs", are those the old flat 3 wire plugs or something new?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:05 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics question

All current Airtronics equipment used the "Z" connector. This connector is compatible with all other major radio equipment. The "Z" connectors are not the old connectors you are thinking about. Those old connectors had the power leads reversed from the rest of the industry and had to be modified to use with any other radio brand. But as I said, the current Airtronics equipment is compatible with all other major radio brands.

Ken
Old 09-11-2008, 10:18 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I suspect your airtronics Rx's and servo connectors are the old style with 'black' plugs. All Z plugs are 'blue' in color. Do not try to file and force an old style black plug into a pretty new Z ported Rx. If you do it will instantly let all the smoke out of that Rx.

There are adapters avaliable for this or they can be changed by cutting, reversing the power leads and soldering the leads and then a lot of filing on the plastic plug itself. Another way is to remove the leads using a pin on the pin release but still leaves you with a very delicate filing job. I normally suggest new folks to not try this as they usually let the smoke out anyway doing it wrong.

John
Old 09-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Mdhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys very helpful.