Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Maiden will have to wait

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Maiden will have to wait

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:37 PM
millertym2000
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden will have to wait

So I went to the field today to maiden my tiger60. When I got there the wind was blowing a little harder then I was hopeing for , but I got my stuff out anyway and put everything together filled the tank and started it up. The ST 75 with macs muffler turned right over and sounded great. I let it warm up, went to check the flaps to make sure everything is moving the right way and noticed something didnt look right. The ailerons were moving the same way[X(] both my ailerons were going up. I looked at it for a little while and figured I didnt put one of the control rods on the right side of the servo so now they move together. Well that was probably a good thing because it was a little to windy anyway. I took it back home and now have it fixed just gotta wait on all the wind and rain they say is coming in to clear out[X(]
Old 09-12-2008, 12:58 PM
alfredbmor

Default RE: Maiden will have to wait

Maiden flight is better when there is a mild wind, and then you know how much trim you will need to fly straight and true. With strong winds trims could not be accurate and if for any reason you run out of trim, for sure wind will not help you.
Good to know that you have your plane in good shape and ready for a good day to maiden it.

Alfred.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 PM
millertym2000

Hey alfred, You guys going to stay dry on your side of the state? Bre safe.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

A beginner doing a preflight! Sweet! Grats on being able to detect and prevent what would have been a really bad flight. Kudos and keep it up, not just on maidens, but before each and every flight you should check the contols both for movement and direction.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:11 PM
jetmech05

John you speak words of wisdom.....I can't tell you the times I've seen a crash or at least the pucker factor off scale that could have been prevented by throwing the controls around.....I teach my students to always stand behind the aircraft and throw the controls around while they say left is left etc etc....before the first flight.....
Old 09-12-2008, 08:04 PM
alfredbmor

ORIGINAL: millertym2000

Hey alfred, You guys going to stay dry on your side of the state? Bre safe.
Some rain but not enough to be worried about, there are 30% of chances of rain for tonight, Sunday will be great with winds of 16 mph (I do not recomend to maiden your Tiger 60 on more than 10 Mph)
Thanks!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:31 AM
millertym2000

thanks guys. I have been flying for close to a year now. I'm still new but I feel pretty comfortable with preflight checks and maidening this plane. I cant wait tto get it in the air. Once I get comfortable with it I have a tower Uproar in the shop that is screaming to fly
Old 09-13-2008, 11:43 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once you fly this thing, you may want to wait a while before flying the Uproar. I am sure you will be impressed with this.