Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What can I use to "remote" place my glow plug so I can get the ignitor in a smaller more....

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What can I use to "remote" place my glow plug so I can get the ignitor in a smaller more....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 04:27 AM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What can I use to "remote" place my glow plug so I can get the ignitor in a smaller more....

...convenient hole? Dats one long topic. But anyway instead of putting extra odd holes in a cowl what can you use to just be able to put a nice clean hole somewhere else?

Thanks,
Erik
Old 09-14-2008, 07:38 AM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What can I use to "remote" place my glow plug so I can get the ignitor in a smaller more....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBC35&P=ML
Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 AM
microsprint9

Default RE: What can I use to "remote" place my glow plug so I can get the ignitor in a smaller more....

I personally like this one http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=RVO1015
Old 09-14-2008, 08:29 AM
goirish

ORIGINAL: microsprint9

I personally like this one http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=RVO1015
I have some of these and the thing I like about them is, when it is attached to the glow plug it will not vibrate off. It is spring loaded meaning you have to pull back on the wire when you are installing the boot over the plug. When it is on the plug you release the wire and it is spring loaded to grip the top of the plug.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:37 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBC35&P=ML I have used the sullivan version of this type they work as well as any,I like the looks of the Horizon version though.
as for mounting them I have done it a couple of ways mounting it on the side of the fuse ,to avoid soaking the area with fuel the pipe is pointed down,for a 2stoke I would put it on the other side .
also in the engine area,if your carefull you don't need a huge hole just enough for the glow clip to fit the remote receptor,here's a couple of examples.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96134.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1033307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71238.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1033308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96308.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1033309  
Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 PM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I might buy one of each and see which kind I like. I have 2 planes that are gonna need em anyway.