Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

my tiger60.- Maiden today!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

my tiger60.- Maiden today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:10 PM
millertym2000
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my tiger60.- Maiden today!!!

This is my Tiger. Im not done with the trim yet but getting close. Its not been in the air yet but soon I hope. I did notice some thing though. One of the ailerons look warped. The outer tip goes up just a little. I think Im going to have to replace it. I dont have the spinner on it in this pic but its got a yellow spinner also. If I have to replace the aileron I think Im going to change the hinges out also, its got the CA hinges the kit came with but I think I want something different. Whats a good hinge? what do you guys use? Ok I couldn't wait I took the tiger out this morning and took her up. even with the one aileron a little warped just a couple clicks of trim and it was tracking nice and straight. Man this thing flew easy and true just like my trainer, but with a little more speed and better rolls the ST 75 puts it right in the air with very little runway needed. I just wanted to update this, with the plane tracking straight for now I think im going to leave the hinges alone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60454.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1033456  
Old 09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: my tiger60.

You can try bending the aileron by hand, and while holding it heat the covering with a heat gun. The tension of the covering will hold the aileron in place. I corrected a warped wing on one of my planes doing this - it worked well.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:05 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I like CA hinges; they're plenty strong enough for .40 to .60-size planes when installed correctly.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
millertym2000
My Feedback: (4)

being it flew so nice today I think Im going to leave the hinges alone for now.. This plane flew as smooth as my trainer on landing but gave me some speed and better rolls. This was my first Kit built plane. It took about 9 months to finish it (not much time for building with a 2 yr old)now that its done I'm just so excited it flew and flew straight I think I'll stick to ARF till my son gets a little older. I can't wait till morning to take it out again
Old 09-15-2008, 01:28 PM
bencav84

Default RE: my tiger60.- Maiden today!!!

Looks good!! I do like the wing covering pattern, nothing like I have seen before!!!

IMHO, if the warped aileron has no effect on the flying, leave it as it is, you will kick yourself if you straighten it and it flies less well!!!

BC
Old 09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on the maiden. It's a great feeling. You know what they say.... if it aint broke, don't fix it. The CA hinges should be no problem if you installed them as shown in the instructions.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

I have a friend that has a Tiger .60 with a Tower .75 on the nose. What a great flying plane. It lands like a trainer and just zooms around the sky doing any and everything.

have fun

geoff