Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

My new rolling field box

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

My new rolling field box

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
brenthampton79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new rolling field box

I thought I would post pics of my new field box/wagon that I just finished up this week.

I know this is excessive but it works for me since I keep it and the planes in an extra hangar at the airport.
thanks for looking also thought it might give some a few ideas in a similar situation thanks brent
Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: My new rolling field box

Glad I read it at the bottom, I was wondering how you ever got it in and out of your hauler. I have A roller too, great box but if I put too much more in it I will have to start towing it.
You really have A hold it all box!! Good job!!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:40 PM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its alive.... ITS ALIVE!!!... Man that things a monster. I thought mine was kinda big. Mine is more like a big tub though. I wish I had more compartments.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 PM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. That IS impressive! One thing I might suggest though, it doesn't look like those fuel jug caps are air-tight. If air can get to the fuel, it will go bad in a couple weeks. The alcohol will absorb water from the air.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:00 AM
jetmech05

does it have an on board 12 v generator?
Old 09-18-2008, 11:25 AM
brenthampton79

thanks guys for the compliments
Gray, this is the third roller i've built the first two were on a raido flyer and it didn't roll well on grass, I orginally was going to put pneumatic tires on it but I seen i could by this all metal sturdier cart for the same price as the tires, this is then what happened.

Thats a good piont about the fuel, i'll keep a couple extra caps to put on there when im no flying much.

as for the generator not enough room for that but I did think about putting a dc to ac converter on it to do a few covering patches, but thought that would be a little much
Old 09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

I use that same fueling system on my jugs, and have not had any fuel go bad yet.
I think it is impressive. I might would add something to put on the top somehow that would act as a cradle to hold my plane while I am putting it together.
I might just have to make me something like that. Very nice.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:23 PM
brenthampton79

slow, I am thinking of putting a cradle on it that way i can drag the box and the plane out at the same time, im lucky enough to leave the planes all together at once I also thought about taking the radio flyer i have left and some pvc and making a plane carrying cart to cary two planes on it that way i don't make as many trips to the hangar and back
thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 07:34 PM
alfredbmor

Last year I read an article written by Chris Chianelli where he explains that it is not necessary to take a big toolbox to the field, because you only need a few of them to fly most of the model airplanes we use to have.
Well after that I went to the field with only my Hobbico wodden toolbox which has the fuel jug, battery and panel compartments, besides a little drawer for tools and the top basket where hardly fits a transmitter and a starter.
Then at the field there is always the needing of something like CA, Epoxy, a wrench or different stuff that use to be in a bigger toolbox that I decided to leave at home.
Bad decision, the last time I took my ultimate to the field (one hour from home) a plastic clevis was broken and nobody at the field had an extra clevis for my purpose, great day to fly but unfortunately I had to go back home with out flying (I have some of them in the box that I decided to leave at home).
Lesson learned, now I always go to the field with my oldie Hobbico Toolbox and a fisherman's toolbox, besides one extra jug of fuel of different percentage of nitro when I am taking two or more planes that uses different type of fuel.
I like the brenthampton79 toolbox, sadly I use a Nissan truck to go to the field and there is not much place in there.

Great Tool Box.

Congrats.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:47 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Alfred, with a tool box like the OP listed, you don't need to put it in your Nissan... just hitch it up.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:02 PM
alfredbmor

You bet.

Brenthampton79 is lucky enough to have everything at the hangar, I am thinking that it is like having everything in the parking lot of the field.
Brent I can see two field chargers and one power panel in your rolling tool box, I bet that you can save a lot of good space if you get only one power panel with a charger included.

Regards

Alfred
Old 09-20-2008, 06:20 AM
brenthampton79

Alfred,
The reason for two power panels is because my brother and I both use the box together when he flies, which isn't as much as I do. I do have a friend that comes down from st. louis as well to fly with me too and he uses it, its nice to be able to stay out of each others way while starting.

I also built this thing for when my wife and I finally find some ground around here to build a house, I am hoping to buy about 4 to 5 acres and put a model strip in the back yard, if i have the chance hopefully a little longer that way I can get our citabria in on it too.
I will then be using the box for my rc cars as well as my planes (then I will pull it around with my lawn mower probably)
Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 AM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Nice! It reminds me of the Clint Eastwood western when the town is painted red at the end.