Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

recomended batt for running 7 servoes and spectrum

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

recomended batt for running 7 servoes and spectrum

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 03:10 AM
karl thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recomended batt for running 7 servoes and spectrum

recomended batt for running 7 servoes and spectrum i have a 1600mah will this be safe for an hours worth of flying considering that at lest 2 of the servoes (flaps) are being slightly stressed druring flight i have a batt meter onbord and with a fully charged 1300mah batt it gets into the red if i move all 7 servoes quickly
Old 09-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Missileman

Default RE: recomended batt for running 7 servoes and spectrum

The meter going red is not because of the batteries storage capacity but more the batteries ability to deliver istantanious current.
On lipo batteries it is written as C rating.
1600 should be plenty but the duration will be effected by what what airplane, what servos and how you fly.If you are flying a giant scale 3D airplane with all high torque digital servos and are flying it to its limits, you may only get one or two flights out of that pack.
Medium size sport plane with standard analog servos and limited aerobatics you can probably get 5 or 6 flights or more.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:49 AM
Steve Steinbring

I almost lost an airplane running six digital servos with a lighter 1100 mah battery.

Although the battery looked good on the Voltwatch and read fine on the voltmeter the inflight load was another thing. My airplane went into lockout during some acro maneuvers, but regained signal as soon as the servo load lightened. If the voltage dips down under load to 4.7 volts it goes into lockout. I thankfully got the bird back on the ground safely.

I have since switched to a 6 volt 2500 mah battery which eliminates the problem. I now won't fly more than four digital servos on a 1100mah 4.8 volt due to the higher drain.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 AM
karl thomas

good to hear that u got your plane back i had the exact same problem any way iv gone for a 3300mah 6v pack as i need the wight to make the cg right thabks guys