Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

best day at the field in a long time.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

best day at the field in a long time.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
millertym2000
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best day at the field in a long time.

Today I took my eagle trainer to the field in hopes that my 46ax would run right and not deadstick on me. I did lots of stuff to find and fix the problem, but anyways I got to the field and feuled it up and did my checks. Up it went, I flew it around for a while to see if it was going to deadstick on me and it never did. I did some slow passes then some much needed touch-and-go's. I ran about 4 tanks through the engine and it ran great the whole time. I had a great day getting some much needed flight time. all in all this was probably one of the best days of fling I've had in a long time. Everything just went right, I wish every day at the field was like today.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: best day at the field in a long time.

That's great. "Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together." I find when things start going south with either my equipment or my plane I pack it up and start BS'ing with the guys and it's still a great day at the feild
Old 09-24-2008, 01:28 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Glad that you had a good day and figured out your problems. But good and bad days are just part of the way it goes. Sometimes you'll have days that are perfect, everything runs, you hit every manuever right on the money, and nothing seems to go wrong. Other days everything will go wrong. Heck, one day I crashed three planes in about 30 minutes. You just got to roll with the punches and hope the good days come back soon!!!

Ken
Old 09-24-2008, 03:41 PM
alfredbmor

RCKen I do suggest to include the "mixed" days.

Here is why:
Three weeks ago I took two planes to the field, I started the day flying with my Kaos trying to perform the sportsman routine, and everything went well.
After four flights I decided to fly my Cap, I did all the preflight work and started to rolling to take off, everything fine, went high and turned around, then I heard something wrong on my engine (Saito 100) so I decide to bring it back (now in low altitude) then the engine stops, no room for a dive, slow speed and a stall. I lost the plane and had to order about $120.00 dlls in parts to fix my engine.

That could be defined like a "mixed" day it was very good with one plane and too bad for the other.

Happy flying.

Alfred.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Heck, one day I crashed three planes in about 30 minutes.

Ken
And that was one of his GOOD days
Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 AM
goirish

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

That's great. "Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together." I find when things start going south with either my equipment or my plane I pack it up and start BS'ing with the guys and it's still a great day at the feild

Hey Mr67Stang==that quote sounds like you remember the A-Team
Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: goirish

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

Hey Mr67Stang==that quote sounds like you remember the A-Team
It's quoted because it of course it's not my words and I wondered if a few here would remember the A-Team when I put it up. I and I'm sure a few here remember what the B.A. in B.A. Barackas means and still wonder why such a B.A. was afraid to fly