Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

servo arrangement of dual elevator servo's

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

servo arrangement of dual elevator servo's

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:59 PM
DoubleDD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo arrangement of dual elevator servo's

Could someone help me with connection of 2 seperate servos for elev on funtana 90 nwith Dx7 ar7000 receiver. Does second servo go in aux or must the 2 be joined to one when plugging into receiver?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: servo arrangement of dual elevator servo's

Hi DoubleDD,

It is essential that each servo is identical in travel both mechanically and via the radio set up. Having made certain that the servos are centered set the mechanical throws first and then set the throws, dual rates etc with the radio. I would plug one servo into the elevator on your Rx and the second into a free mix, (aux on your radio?).If they don't have exactly the same throw through their movement the model will "corkscrew". Hitec make a digital servo programmer which makes it really easy to ensure the servos are exactly matched for anal retentives such as myself.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 09-25-2008, 03:45 AM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: DoubleDD

Could someone help me with connection of 2 seperate servos for elev on funtana 90 nwith Dx7 ar7000 receiver. Does second servo go in aux or must the 2 be joined to one when plugging into receiver?

G'day Mate,
Check your PM's. I have sent you a detailed instruction.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 PM
opjose

You can use ANY unused channel for the second servo.

I'd keep the second servo off of AUX1 though, as you may later want to use AUX1 to control each aileron individually.

That's how I have my Funtana s90 set up.

BTW:

Connect the elevator to AUX2, and use Mix 5 or 6.

In mix 5 set up Elevator to AUX2 mixing, both directions at 100%

Reverse the servo for AUX2 as needed.

Now here's a key point...

In the "THROW" screen make SURE that you set the travel for AUX2 to ZERO in each direction!!!

This is important, as it disables any stray input from the POT ( knob ) controls.

Once done AUX2 will be soley controlled by the input to the elevator channel. Trimming the Elevator will trim both halves at once.

If you need to adjust the centering so that the left and right elevators line up properly, use SUBTRIM.

-

If you plug the left aileron into AUX1 ( and turn the throws for AUX1 to zero ) then select flaperons as your wing type, you can set up aileron diffential as well.

In addition you can get elevator to flaperon mixing, and flaperon/elevator presets for landing... all very nice and useful.

I have mine set up this way so that in one switch position I get Elevator to Reflex mixing, and the other Elevator to Flaperon mix...