Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Screwed upspinner rubs on cowl

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Screwed upspinner rubs on cowl

Old 10-31-2008, 04:14 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Screwed upspinner rubs on cowl

ORIGINAL: krossk

ORIGINAL: bruce88123
[sm=bananahead.gif]
ORIGINAL: krossk
Personally, since it is still "in the bones" I'd bite the bullet and cut the ring off the front of the cowl and rebuild it with the proper spacing.
It will never be any easier than it is right now. (Not that it's "easy" to start with, I just prefer to do it right when I have the opportunity...)
Yeah, just whack it off at the firewall and start over. THAT will teach you to pay better attention to details.[:@][:'(] OK, OK so I'm kidding. There have been several good ideas above. I thought one really bad idea couldn't hurt too much.[sm=bananahead.gif]Forgot my hat.
Oh No! - Not the HAT!![sm=bananahead.gif]
I knew you would remember the hat. It's been a while since it's been seen so I thought I'd bring it out for the winter.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:17 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Screwed upspinner rubs on cowl

I'm reading this couple days late so whatever I say just pay no attention. Basically I could not really see a major problem. Either remove an 1/8 inch from back edge of cowl, thereby allowing cowl to be that much shorter, or same from front where ring is. Other suggestions would probably work but seems to me if cowl is little to long shorten it????