Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

help with spektrum ar6000 receiver

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

help with spektrum ar6000 receiver

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
ruststang94
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with spektrum ar6000 receiver

The airplane has 2 servos for the ailerons one for each side. The AR6000 receiver has one port for ailerons and its a 6ch receiver. What am I missing.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: help with spektrum ar6000 receiver

The easiest way to run two aileron servos is to use a Y-harness. This will allow you to hook up two servos to one receiver channel
[link]http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=JSP98020[/link]

You might be able to run two aileron servos on two receiver channels if your radio has that funtion. The type of receiver you have doesn't dictate whether you can do this function, but rather it's the transmitter that does it. Since you didn't mention what radio you have there is no way for us to know if you can do this.

However, of the two options the easiest method of doing this is to simply use a Y-harness.

Ken
Old 12-03-2008, 10:30 AM
crossman

The simple answer is to use a Y-cable to put both airleron servos on the same channel. If you have a computer transmitter with more than four channels, the manual will tell you which one to put the second one into (on my Futaba it is channel 6, which allows the airlerons to work as flaps also) and how to progam the airlerons.

Chuck
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Usually you'd use channel 6 for the second aileron servo. Your radio manual will help you to get the correct software options set up.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 AM
crossman

I guess Ken and I were typing at the same time there.

Chuck
Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What airplane are you putting it in? Like everyone said, a Y-harness is the simplest solution for most applications. It is what I usually use. No need to complicate it if you don't have to.

If you for some reason really do need to use two channels, the Spektrum manual explains how.

Also, what transmitter are you using? That will determine the setup for the most part, not the receiver.

If you don't have the manual, it is online at horizonhobby.com I think. I also have my DX-7 on the shelf and I can take a look if you don't come up with anything.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM
ruststang94
My Feedback: (39)

Im using a dx6 so I should be fine. The plane its going in is a Gary wright E3D..
Old 12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
hogflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DX6 is capable of supporting dual ailerons by plugging each into a separate port in the receiver and setting up the radio using the flaperon function.

Per the DX6 manual (starts on page 33):

Flaperon mixing is used with airplanes that have independent servos operating each of the two ailerons. When using flaperon mixing, two servos (one for each aileron) must be used. Once FPN is selected in wing type the following will help in setting up flaperons.
• Connect the left aileron servo to channel #6 (AUX) and the right aileron servo to channel #2 (AILE) in the receiver.
• In the travel adjust mode (see page 42) adjust the travel adjust values for flap to 0% in both directions. This will effectively turn off the flap switch for now, preventing the flaperons (both ailerons combined) from moving up or down when the flap switch is flipped. Latter by assigning a value in either direction the flap switch can be used to raise or lower the flaps.

Note: Individual functions (e.g., servo reversing, sub-trims, dual rates, etc.) are still available for each of the aileron and flap channels. Use sub-trims for individual neutral adjustment. Adjust the ailerons travel values by increasing or decreasing the aileron travel adjust. D/R and expo values, as well as differential, are also available in the appropriate screens.

You need to read the manual for programming the radio – it’s straight forward and easy to do. If you don’t have the manual, [link=http://www.modelflight.com.au/manuals_spektrum.htm]download the manual from here[/link]. Just look down the page until you see the PDF for the DX6 towards the bottom of the list.

Hogflyer

edit: Here's another link for the [link=http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_model_radio_control/spektrum_dx6.htm]DX6 manual[/link] - located right under the image of the transmitter.