Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

newby.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:13 AM
ddpc1963

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newby.

i flew a few times yrs ago. don't know all the technical things i need to know but i have gathered engines,radios ect.all i need is fuel and a plane.need to know what engine mount i need for OS .25 and OS .40. i have so many questions but this will due for now.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 AM
millertym2000
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: newby.

I like the dave brown mounts. I've used them in all my 40 size planes.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:05 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the world of RC and RCU. As for an engine mount there are a variety of them on the market. It will come down to what will fit on your firewall. Great Planes makes an adjustable mount and there are other makers that make mounts designed for your engine. Depending on what plane you have, some kit makers used wooded beams for engine mounts. As for the rest of your questions, ask away, the members of RCU are a sharp bunch and are always ready to help a fellow modeler. God Luck, Dave
Old 12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back. Just a few odds and ends that currently are important. First of all the present radio equipment is light years ahead of the past. Without even going into detail about the 2.4 units, just any computer radio is practically mandatory. Electrics are the wave of the future they provide all that glow power does without the mess and cost of fuel (which is very high now). If you're not keen on building the ARF's are available in every concievable type. This and other forums can give you loads of info so use them.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:38 PM
ddpc1963

thank you for your input.i am looking forward to flying again. can't wait