Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What do I need to install my RCGF 26cc in a Cub 1/4

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What do I need to install my RCGF 26cc in a Cub 1/4

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 AM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to install my RCGF 26cc in a Cub 1/4

I have purchased a RCGF 26cc gas engine. I want to mount it in my 1/4 clipped wing cub. What do I need different than what I would use for glow engine. Special fuel line, fuel tank, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and I hope you all look forward to the upcoming Holiday. Santa has been instructed to stop here first.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:16 AM
dragnbye

Default RE: What do I need to install my RCGF 26cc in a Cub 1/4

your tank is fine but you need to change the line and the stopper. put safty wire or fuel clamps on the end of the lines
Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you need fuel line for gas as well as fuel pump for gas to fill tank. Also need an ignition switch since now your using a spark plug. possibly a larger heavier duty starter. Also now you will be mixing your own fuel so get right oil and ratio. Amsoil is used by many but most any 2 cycle oil will do but NOT marine.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

You will likely need diferent throttle linkage. Check out the giant area for tips.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Jester241

Well,for a cub I doubt you'll be putting a spinner on it right? If not,then you wont need a starter because with that electronic ignition,you'll be flip starting it. You will have to use either "tygon" or "neoprene" fuel tubing. Tygon is nice if you can see your fuel tubing so you can actually see the fuel hitting the carb. Neoprene is nice if you cant see it because I think it doesnt tend to expand like tygon. You'll likely only need the small diameter fuel tubing too. You'll want a switch with a charge jack built in and a 4.8v battery pack for the ignition. And like those guys said,you'll need a fuel tank conversion kit for the gas tank. Your motor comes with stand offs and stuff,so thats about all you'll need.