Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

3-DEMON, FORMULA 3-D, or MAGIC 3-D????

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

3-DEMON, FORMULA 3-D, or MAGIC 3-D????

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 02:22 AM
WingmanEPTX
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3-DEMON, FORMULA 3-D, or MAGIC 3-D????

3-d 3-d 3-d.....Modeltech 3-DEMON, FORMULA 3-D, or MAGIC 3-D???? anyone have any experience with any of these modeltech planes? videos of these planes look pretty sweet but would like some input from someone with personal experience or knowledge of these planes! how are they? and which of these 3-D planes perform the best and with what engine and prop?
thanks in advance and ANY help greatly appreciated!!!
-kevin
Old 12-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Prboz

Default RE: 3-DEMON, FORMULA 3-D, or MAGIC 3-D????

Hi Kevin,

I have a 3demon by modeltech. I am the 4th owner of this plane and it is still flying strong. I only have a 46LA up front with an 11 X 7 prop, but that is fine for me as I have it as my second plane. Flight is very stable and predictable. Hope this helps. What level of flyer are you?

Regards

Prboz
Old 12-10-2008, 11:09 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I have a Magic Formula 3D. It's a lot like the Great Planes U-Can-Do 3D ARF, but I'm told it has better flying characteristics. I haven't flown the U-Can-Do, so I have to take the word of other pilots. The covering is very high quality and looks great. I'm flying it with a JBA .56 2-stroke and a 12x5 prop.

I like Model Tech ARFs in general, and I'd be happy to own and fly any of the three listed here. I think the 3Demon and Magic 3D are both great looking ARFs, and they have a terrific reputation for being terrific flying airframes.

I can't imagine you'd be unhappy buying and flying any of these three ARFs.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 AM
WingmanEPTX

hi prboz! thanks for replying! can you hover and pull out of it safely with that 46 in it? how is the vertical climb? as far as my flying level?....i dont know what thats judged by..lol. so um, been flyin 6 months, started with hangar9 alpha 40, then H9 Mustang PTS, H9 F-22 Raptor, H9 Tango 3-D, GP U Can Do 60. My Tango was my favorite and my GP UCD60 is my second fav. Easiest planes to fly, and most fun at the same time. all i have left is the ucd60. i guess it wasnt a good idea to do a barrel roll fly by at full throttle a few feet off the ground! so may the Tango RIP. the rest are gone either sold or crashed. had many flights on them all. so thats my level. I have 2 evo 46, a super tigre 61, a saito fa-80, and a saito 91 looking for a new home in a plane. hopin the 3demon or some sorta sweet 3d plane will get along with on of these engines!
-kevin
Old 12-10-2008, 11:17 AM
WingmanEPTX

hey mustafa thanks for replying! well...im down to 2 now.....3demon or the formula! do you know what the differences are between the 2? i saw on a forum that the 2 are awsome flying planes but completely differenr flight characteristics. it didnt say what was different about em tho! lol any help there?
-kevin
Old 12-10-2008, 11:17 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

The 3Demon and Magic 3D are built for a .46 2-stroke or .52 4-stroke, while the Magic Formula 3D is designed around a .52 2-stroke or .70 4-stroke. Your Evo .46s will fly the 3Demon or Magic 3D perfectly. Your Saito FA-80 would nicely match a Magic Formula 3D.

Edit: As for the difference between the 3Demon and the Magic Formula 3D, I've never flown the 3Demon and I couldn't really say. I wouldn't expect there to be huge differences between the two, I'd only expect that the larger, heavier Magic Formula 3D might be a little more stable is all.