Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Thinking of getting a plane, but?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Thinking of getting a plane, but?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:24 AM
ChetRog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a plane, but?

I am contemplating buying a plane, but wanted to get some suggestions to see if its even for me. I don't have to many places to fly, but can go to one of the schools around me on the weekends and have fun there. I do have a yard that is a couple hundred feet by a couple hundred feet and that would be fun to fly in but don't know if its possible to fly in that little of space. I want a plane that is real slow, and also would like to not spend over 100 dollars if possible. I don't want to buy something expensive in case I don't like it or if I ruin it. I even contemplated getting one of the air hogs planes, but they seem even to fast, or at least seem hard to control. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 AM
simmo8

Default RE: Thinking of getting a plane, but?

g day mate
the best plane to see if you like it or not is a hobbyzone supercub it is a tough easy to fly and fix. it is electric so you can fly in something the size of a football field
good luck
simmo
Old 12-11-2008, 09:15 AM
chevypower1930

Get a Slo-V man... from what you said.. its almost an exact fit, very very slow, very very easy to fly, great first time trainer... I fly mine around in my culd-a-sac, awesome plane
Old 12-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

It was suggested to me to join a club. I'd never heard of such a thing, but I found one by typing in my zip code [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx]here.[/link]

My club has a trainer plane. New guys are welcome to come down, get a lesson about planes, and fly the club trainer with in instructor on a dual radio system (buddy chord).

My club is a half hour drive, and is totally worth it! I've met great people, even guys with a pilot license who have let me fly a real plane! I've made good friends, learned a lot, and have a big, SAFE place to fly whenever I want.

I don't have any experience with slo-fliers or park fliers, so can't help you out there. I do have experience flying bigger, fuel powered planes AND IT IS A TOTAL BLAST!!!!!!

I never knew I'd have so much fun!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

ChetRog,
You'd be surprised at how much space you need even for smaller slow planes (especially if you are a beginner). The easiest soluction is to find a local school that has a soccer field.....You will be much happer if you do find a club that is near you. Not only will they help to answer your questions, but flying with others is Sooo much more fun than flying by yourself

Good luck!