Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Reactor

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Great Planes Reactor

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Jacked69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Reactor

Has anyone flown one of these or have one? I was thinking of getting one after I master the GP minnow, I love the look of this plane and heard it is outstanding in the air. Any input would be great. Thank you.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:36 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Great Planes Reactor

If you are talking about the E-version, and if you do decide to get one, be very careful when putting the wing together. The method they use to mount the wing is somewhat confusing and, one little mistake and you will have a totally unflyable aircraft.

I've not seen the glow version, so I can't comment on that.

If it were me, after my experience with the electric version, I would find something else. Again, as far as the glow version is concerned, I don't know and cannot comment on that one.

CGr.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:54 PM
The Ghost

I don't know about the 'E-version'. The one that I got you could setup as glow or electric. Don't know what would be simpler for the wing fitment. Install wing tube slide on wing and install retaining screws. I fitted mine with a Turnigy C50-55 motor spinning a 13-8APC glow prop, unlimited vertical and great preformance.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92162.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1092714  
Old 12-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Thumbsticks

Check this out, there are already 3 threads devoted to the Great Planes Reactor on RC Universe, one electric, one a build thread and a long one that you can read from top to bottom and is about 40 pages long filed under the 3D Forum. After I read it through, I also bought one. Enjoy!!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4455981/tm.htm

Old 12-23-2008, 06:55 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I could take mine apart and re-do the wing setup. I was looking at it last evening and was so sad that it came out like it did. The wings droop down because when I applied the epoxy to the internal braces (part of the spar I think), well, it slipped and set. So, the wings droop. I have not even tried to fly it that way. Sort of a reverse dihedral I guess.. anhedral is what they call it I believe.. and it ain't supposed to be that way.

I have a motor installed with an ESC, all it really needs is servos and it's ready to fly.. however, I don't want to take a chance and destroy it and the components with a crash. So, I will just look at it the way it is and move on, I guess. Really upsets me because the ARF was not cheap when I bought it.

CGr.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Jacked69

CG why dont you just see if you can just buy a set of wings? I am sure you can, dont let that plane go to waste bud, see if it can be fixed or get a new wingset, I am sure they make spare parts as they do for almost all rc planes. Check it out and let us know. Jason
Old 12-23-2008, 11:24 AM
SBOT

CGRetired,

Just take a heat gun to the glue joints and it will soften up the epoxy so you can pull it apart and reglue it. You may have to strip some covering to get at the glue joint, but it will come apart easily with some heat. Try it; I've used heat for repairs many times works great.

Oscar