Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Has anyone flown or seen one of these?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Has anyone flown or seen one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Jacked69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone flown or seen one of these?

After I master my pulse 60 I am going up to the great planes minnow which I never knew they made and how nice it looked until my good friend NitroPilot told me about it and after that would like to get the Kyosho Kelly F1 racer, that plane is one of the nicest planes I have ever seen, does anyone know how it handles or what it is comparable too in flight characteristics? Also it says it only takes a 4 stroke, that does not make any sense, is that true? Then by mid summer I hope to maiden my P-51 from top flite with the golden knight 100 in her. I must say I am nervous already on that one, as it is a very sharp plane, I would not of bought it yet but the deal I got on the engine and electronics out of a h9 spitfire flown 3 times I could not pass up, I got the engine and all servos and retract gear for less than the engine would cost new, so I just bought the kit and had it built and she is waiting in the basement for that day, the day I hopefully dont get shot down by a FW190, LOL. Thanks fellas.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:09 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone flown or seen one of these?

A four stroke can move along pretty fast with a smaller diameter - higher pitch prop
Old 12-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the remains of a Kyosho Kelly F1 racer in my garage. One of our guys had it and as I was trying to get some photos of it (man was it fast), it suddenly went wild and then did the death sprial. The servo tray broke loose from the fuselage sides. As I'm stripping the fuselage in prep for an attempted rebuild, I noticed that the balsa rudder post was not glued in well either. In both cases, there was no sign of an adheasive on the fiberglass.

Other post mortum obversations. The stock tail wheel is to low and the backs of the wheel pants were ground off from dragging on the runway.

The guy who owned it was very happy with it's flying though, even though he was over the top on power, he had a Saito 125 in it. Did I say that it was fast.

I hope to do some rebuild on it and get it in the air again. The fuse is badly damaged forward of the wing. The wing's right side is all but gone. It's going to take a bunch of work, but as you said, it is a very attractive plane.

Don
Old 12-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Jacked69

A saito .125 how did he fit that in there when they recomend a 70 size 4 stroke in there? Because I want to know because wow would I stuff a .125 in there too
Old 12-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could send you a photo of the cowl, but if you take a piece of paper and wad it up, you have the general idea of what it looks like. He had a big hole in the cowl. I didn't get a good look at the plane before it was crashed. The only two photos I got of it in the air, are too far away to see any detail on the engine mounting. I was mounted on it's side though.

Don
Old 12-22-2008, 07:53 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

LOL, what happened to getting an Edge 540? Im the same way, I'll think I made up my mind on a plane and then change it the next day.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Jacked69

LOL Beach I posted that before I seen the Edge, I was going to go with the kyosho until I seen the Aeroworks Edge 540 t and I already have a saito 91 golden knight and electronics I will use for the plane, and the arf is cheap as hell, its like 189$ so I would just have to get that and that is all. I know what you mean, see I have a trainer, I have the minnow which is a racer, the pulse a sopwith camel, the avistar as my backup trainer incase I am inverted and decide to pull down instead of up LOL, and have the Top flite p-51 which is waiting to be flown as I am not confident I am ready for that, it has a golden knight 100 in it and its such a nice plane I want to be sure I am not ever going to damage that plane. So before that I would like to get another while business is good but dam its so hard making up my mind, I love the edge but also am thinking about a super sportster 60 or the H9 P47 or H9 Hellcat. I would imagine the best buy would be the Edge since its a 3d machine and I dont have one of those yet. Dam this hobby is expensive LOL. And I am addicted to RC Cars too LOL. But the Kyosho reno racer is one sharp looking plane, but I dont think it will out run my minnow with a .75 under the cowl. But in the future my main collection is going to be warbirds as I always loved them and would like to own a VQ models p40 warhawk some time soon too LOL. But one at a time for now Ya right LOL...What planes do you have Beach? Cant wait till next week I am going to do some flying in wisconsin at my parents home they have 300 acres and across the street is 200 acres of corn field so my skis are on and ready
Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 AM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Started off with the Sky Fly, Superstar 40, Sig Four Star, Pacific Knockabout, Hangar 9 Twist, and now the Aerworks Edge 540.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:46 AM
russm

the 75 is to small for the minnow