Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Breaking in first four stroke: Saito 125

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Breaking in first four stroke: Saito 125

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 12:45 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking in first four stroke: Saito 125

I made a breakin stand for the engine and just got done doing my first run. I was running 10% cool power, had the HSN turned out 5 turns per the manual and didnt go over 4000 RPMs also per the manual. I was able to hand start the motor which was a little surprising. After I shut the motor off I felt the head to see how hot it had got and it didnt feel hot at all, not sure if this is good or bad, but the muffler on the other had was hotter than hell. I read over the manual of break-in and doesn't really tell you a whole lot on what to look for during the first couple runs so I was just wondering what are some of your steps/procedures? Also, I bought a tru turn spinner along with the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHMF3&P=ML]double jam nut adapter[/link] and I could not get the spinner dome to screw in, the hex screw kept bottoming out and would not screw in all the way, any of you run into this problem? Do I need another adapter kit or am I doing something wrong?
Old 12-20-2008, 12:49 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Breaking in first four stroke: Saito 125

Everything sounds correct.

You'll need to grind down a little off the end of that screw, or buy a shorter one at the hardware store
Old 12-20-2008, 01:01 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Ill probably end up grinding down the screw, but another thing I forgot to mention was that the outer jamnut wouldnt reach the inner jam nut? They wouldn't be butted up against eachother. Should I use the stock jamnut since its a little wider?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:11 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can as long as you can still get the spinner adapter on
Old 12-20-2008, 02:55 PM
opjose

The LS needle on the Saitos comes outrageously rich.

It's surprising that the engine can run this way just fine, however it will use up a lot of fuel needlessly, but it will maintain a cool headspeed, with a hot muffler exhaust as you've seen.

This is done to protect the engine during break in.

Run a few tanks through it and screw the LS in 1 turn. Run another thank, and then keep screwing the LS needle in 1/2 or more at a time until the engine seems to not idle at all or it transitions poorly.

Now take it back out about 1/2 turn and you should be fine on the LS.