Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Need help with esky flight simulator

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Need help with esky flight simulator

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:39 PM
hrboher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with esky flight simulator

I posted this on someone elses thread by mistake as this is my first experiece with forums sorry for the error.

I need help with the esky EK2-0905A simulator. I recieved this simulator and a RCF-15E for Christmas. I have absolutely no experience with these airplanes, so I need a lot of work on the simulator before flying the real thing. My problem is that the instuctions on the vidio that came with the simulator are in Chinese . Can someone help me understand what the different controls do. I seem to be able to steer the plane on the runway and can pick up speed , but I can't get the plane off ground. I have tried to move the sticks all different ways but still stay grounded. I just don't a clue. HELP PLEASE!!!

Bob
Old 12-29-2008, 02:02 PM
fly boy2

Default RE: Need help with esky flight simulator

have you calibrated the controller yet? if not do so.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
opjose

ESky basically packages FMS with their controllers.

Read up on FMS ( google for it ).

Your biggest difficulty will be figuring out the channel assignments.

FMS is not that user friendly in this regard so you'll have to bring up a plane, and see how it responds to inputs.
Unfortunately there are no control surfaces to help you see what you are moving...

So if the plane vears right when you pull the right stick back, you know that the elevator and rudder assignments may be reversed.

You'll have to adjust accordingly in the FMS controller panel.

Do the same for the other channels until the plane responds correctly to inputs.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 PM
nosneb

I had trouble with mine too untill I figured out how to change the channel assignments. Mine works with the following setup: Rudder channel 4, Elevator channel 2, Aileron channel 1 and Throttle channel 3. I can fly the Pitts and the Su 26 with this setup, nothing else seems to work correctly though and I am an experienced RC pilot.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
hrboher

to nosneb

Thanks for the info I will try this and see what happens. I did go on the fms web site and downloaded the fms 2.0 and it helped some. I can fly the transport plane now but not the other ones. I am a beginner with no experience at all and this is a lot harder tha I thought it would be. In fact with the trouble I am having flying the simulator I am almost afraid to try to fly my real plane. I have a f-15 and at the rate I am going I be lucky to get past the first attempt at flying it. Sure would hate to crash $200 instantly. I have no friends who fly so getting first hand instruction is not to be had.
Again thans for the info

p.s. I am also new to forums so my protocol my be way off. If I get on a thread I shouldn't be on I apologize as I really don't know what I am doing. I am not really that computer savy either.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:44 PM
nosneb

Feel free to ask. I will do what I can to help. This simulator is not really for beginners in my opinion. I just wanted somethig to practice with and thats about what you get for $29.08!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 PM
hrboher

to nosneb

I appreciate your advise. Could you suggest a flight simliulator that would be better and where I could get it??
Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM
nosneb

Well I'd say the best one would be Great Planes Realflight G4.5. You can go to Tower Hobbies website and get one there [link]http://www.towerhobbies.com[/link]). It's alot more expensive but it would probably be more like what you need.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:00 PM
hrboher

Thanks, I ordered the Great Planes G4.5 this evening. I'll let you know how it works out after I try it. Thanks again You have been a great help.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:14 AM
oakland002

hi i just installed this program and every thing is running fine for a couple of min, but then the frame per seconds drop to like 5 or 6 from 50 to 76 fps, and some time freeze on my and i get a black screen , is anyone else is having these issuse, i have the 0905A e sky simulator FMS controller, SMF 2.0 Alpha 8.3 version.. please email me at

oakland002 @ yahoo.com

cause some time i can't get into this website. Thanks so much , oh by the way the only way to be able to fly my sim again is restart my computer .. so far that is the only way of fixing this issuse
Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
opjose

Turn OFF your screen savers!!!!

Windows doesn't look at USB Joystick ( controller ) input to determine if your computer is busy... so it will engage the screen saver after a few minutes.

Since FMS is running you will initially see the frame rate go from a HIGH number to a low one... after that the screen will go black.

Merely turning off the screen savers will cure this.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:41 PM
oakland002

i have the screen saver off, and it still does it, without restarting the computer and just restarting the program i get this message, can't draw , and then the screen is just black, i can still hear the sound but can't see anything. is anyone else having this issue?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
nosneb

It sounds like you are out of video memory. If you have a video card, make sure cmos has enough memory alocated for it, if your video is on motherboard, the fix should be the same.