Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 super sonic >

super sonic

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

super sonic

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super sonic

I picked one of these up of ebay, syma super sonic airplane, whopping $29 to the door.

Thinking the nephews would like to tinker with it, read, Im using that as an excuse to play with the thing.

I couldnt justify spending money on the super cub but came across a thread talking about this little plane, it really does fly pretty good, considering its a little 2ch thing, but it charges fast, does require some tweaking but nothing major. Its windy as hell right now but I flew it anyway, that thing will run straight into the ground at full blast and get right back up for more.

all I gotta say about that.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 AM

Default RE: super sonic

anyone else have one of these?

there was a part in the bag that wasnt listed in the instructions, looks like a guitar pick with a groove in it, any ideas what that was for?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: inline300

anyone else have one of these?

there was a part in the bag that wasnt listed in the instructions, looks like a guitar pick with a groove in it, any ideas what that was for?
Can you post a picture of the part?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:36 AM

Im guessing its to remove the propellers? the notched side is tapered.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/inline300/pick.jpg

Now I have a question. Ive had this thing almost 24 hrs so logically, i should wanna modify it somehow. I was thinking. Instead of two motors. ditch the two on the wing, add a center, then somehow use the L R to control the rudder. physically, I think i could make it happen. what im not so sure of, is whether I could do it with this radio, I dont know anything about the electronics. it says 49.86 MHz if that means anything to anyone. what tiny servo? would could control the tail and would the signal that tells the L motor vs R motor to initiate, or vice versa, also be able to tell the servo, L or R?

I also recall reading old posts that people said they wish the throttle on this little plane was variable, what I noticed, its not variable but it is adjustable. if you ease of the throttle at a certain point, the props do slow down and spin at a slower speed consistantly.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:54 PM

does it actually go super sonic?lol
Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No you will not be able to use that radio to operate a rudder and convert to a single motor. There is no servo or magnetic actuator to move a rudder. The toy store variety airplanes that uses two motors have differential throttle built into the circuitry to control basic left and right flight sort of.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:39 PM

that was the second plane i bought for my son. Although it shatters on impact with anything it a great concept. However like all made in china crap it only lasted 2 flights.

kept the parts for a while and then through it out.

If anyone is considering this plane .... DON'T WATSE YOUR MONEY !!!!!!!!!

Buy airhogs instead.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:30 AM

really?

I thought about an air hog but it kept swooping up and down, I think they call this porpouise? This one tried to do that but I tweaked the tail and it now flies like youd want.

Kids and I have ran this thing into the house a few times, tree'd it three times, ran it straight into the ground countless times. It keeps going. The wires that connect the electronics to the motors are thin and fragile, after a few times of the wing popping off, the wires come loose at the solder but fix that and its right back into action. The cool part, is the double sided tape that holds the wing on, its strong enough to fly but once it hits something, the wing pops off without major damage. drop it back on and throw it again.

Its a blast. I was wondering why more people dont use these.

I noticed on other twin engine "toy" planes, if you do a turn, one engine would cut off completely, which requires you to pulse the L and R but this one, both motors stay running, however, one cuts power on half, so the turns are smooth.

Only thing I could compare this to is the cox 2ch I bought years ago, despite its rudder function, there was no advantage to it over this one, as far as flight ease and function.