Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 pitts muffler??? >

pitts muffler???

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

pitts muffler???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pitts muffler???

I'm starting a new glow conversion project for my Magnum XLS .15. the only bug in the system is the stock muffler,if I use it I'll have to end up having to cut a decent chunk out of the fuse, that I don't want to do. I'm looking for a pitts style muffler for this engine. will this one work with the engine? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFG82&P=7
Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: pitts muffler???

This muffler is 32mm (1.26 in) Center to Center for the mounting screws will that fit your engine?
Old 01-14-2009, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pitts muffler???

I've got no experience with engines that small, but I do know that the larger Magnums use the same mufflers as the equivalent OS or ASP engine. You might try [link=http://www.bissonmufflers.com/en/muffler.html?mufflers::listing_id=1135793]this bisson muffler[/link], but I'd be inclined to email the owner of Bisson first to check it'll fit. He's a nice guy, and very helpful... even going so far as to put pics up of a muffler I was interested in but wasn't yet pictured. Even if that muffler won't fit, he will also do custom mufflers.

Matt