Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Accu-cycle Elite Charger

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Accu-cycle Elite Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Mode One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Accu-cycle Elite Charger

I'd like to link up with one of you who undertsands this charger really well. I find it's use extremely confusing. If interested in helping a 59 year old who seems to be becoming more and more confused everyday, PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

In the spring I have to learn all over again. I just cycle through the options until I get what my battery is and I hold down charge for a few seconds and away it goes.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Mode One

Yes, that explains charging. However the charger is capible of charging, discharging and cycling. How about using it for the other two capiblities?

A long time ago I had a Super-Cycle. It was so simple to use a moron could use it. We only used NiCADs back then. The Super- Cycle would charge your RX & TX batteries simaltainiously. When you knew you had charged the prescribed amount, you zeroed the timers, hit a button and the Super-Cycle would discharge to a pre-determined voltage and flip back to charge again to top up the batteries. The timers showed the discharge time. I kept track of the discharge times the unit recorded. The idea was to get around 90 minutes of discharge. However, more importantly, was that when a significant variation occured, you knew you had a problem.

The Super-Cycle was so easy to use and you never forgot how to us it! The crap they are throwing at us now is far to complicated!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:32 AM
w8ye

I found the Elite to not be difficult to use as far as cycling, discharging and charging goes.

When I became confused, I would go through the options until I found what I wanted.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Rufcut

I'm still learning how to use the one I got for Christmas. Since I'm not a rocket psychiatrist, I usually have to read the instructions a couple of times and then sometimes I still don't get it. At that point, I turn it over to my 12 year old nephew.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Mode One

ORIGINAL: Rufcut
I'm still learning how to use the one I got for Christmas. Since I'm not a rocket psychiatrist, I usually have to read the instructions a couple of times and then sometimes I still don't get it. At that point, I turn it over to my 12 year old nephew.
I don't want to run away with this thread, however, I agree with your evaluation of the unit. For some reason, attempting to read the distructions always glazes over my eyes and within minutes I'm sawing logs! I think technical manuals are proof read by people only looking for spelling and gramatical errors, not for ease of understanding. For me, the best way to describe how to do something is teach me to do one thing only! Then, once I get that down, I can build on, doing other things. The way manuals are written
now-a-days, you get a shot gun blast of splattering of information!

Some peope learn by reading, some learn by doing. I'm a doer.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
w8ye

I often have the same problem

I let my grand son in law use mine and he had it going in nothing flat and had never seen one before.