Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

2.4 ghz TX/RX/Battery question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

2.4 ghz TX/RX/Battery question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 ghz TX/RX/Battery question

If ya got a Spektrum Radio, DX7 or smaller, use 2000MHA RX battery pack, best is a 2700 MHA. If you have Digital servos, x's that by 2 for the advantange. Digital's eat power, so go with a hi MHA battery that will handle it.

I know 2 friends that used smaller 700 MHA packs, all of a sudden it was lockout, no control. Lawn Dart. We are talking 2 aircraft combined costs 1K or more, and flying on a 700 MHA batt? My friend called Horizon, discussed the problem, they told him use a 2000-2700 RX pack. He used what they supplied the transmitter with. So why did they send a 700d MHA pack? The only reason I can figure out , it was designed for electric park flyer's, not gassers or Nitros.
The debate continues today........
I Like Spectrum radios, and have , so far not had any problems with their radio. So I will use it and try to fly best I can!
Paul
Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 AM
F4U Corsair
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 ghz TX/RX/Battery question

I switched all of my 40 and 60 size Rx batteries to A123 when I went with Spektrum. Best thing I ever did. I can fly 4-6 flights on a 1100mAh battery and recharge in minutes. They put out about the same initial voltage (7.2) as a 5 cell NiCD/Mh and weigh about the same as a 4 cell NiCd/Mh. Just make sure your servos can handle 6v. Can't beat the quick charge feature (I use a FMA Cellpro3 and if low enough it will charge at up to 4v, but quickly tapers down as you get above 90% charge. Another plus is that they don't loose hardly any energy when stored for long periods of time, unlike NiCd/Mh.