Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

no exhaust pressure line on a 4 stroke 90 surpass 2

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

no exhaust pressure line on a 4 stroke 90 surpass 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 07:52 PM
b-mccor8
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no exhaust pressure line on a 4 stroke 90 surpass 2

I am installing a 0S 90 surpass 2 in a fully enclosed cowl, there is no pressure fitting in the muffler,they say they don't need one, on my fuel system( tank) I want 1 line strickley for the engine, 1 to fill and drain tank and heres the problem, I guess the other has to run to atmospheric pressure! do i just run an open tube out the top of the plane, Will i get fuel running out on invert or general manuevers?
Old 11-23-2002, 08:40 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no exhaust pressure line on a 4 stroke 90 surpass 2

When doing an open vented tank... the vent line goes up slightly above the top of the tank and then is run down to the bottom of the fuselage. With the vent line set up this way (vent inside tank is at the TOP!) there will be minimal to no fuel loss out the vent durring aerobatics. With the engine not running, you can turn theairplane over several times and have just a couple of drops come out the vent. (Wth the engine running... air is beng drawn in via the vent to replace the fuel... you will lose LESS in flight)

You have the Surpass II with pump? My O.S. .91 FS Surpass II wthout pump has a pressure tap on the muffler, and NEEDS it.