Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 ARGH!!! >

ARGH!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

ARGH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ARGH!!!

Ha ha ha ha hahhhh yessuh pucker factor 10 [:-]

ORIGINAL: frets24

Landing while flying backwards relative to the ground is always a special thrill[8D]
Old 05-15-2010, 05:47 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

That is why it is nice to live in Florida. We fly EVERY Week and usually have at least 300 days out of the year that are nice enough to fly.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:25 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Yeah, I really don't mind the wind, just liike to madian planes in light to no wind, better for getting the plane trimed out. I don''t know, still scared I guess. Not enough stick time, and just not confident yet. Woke up last week with a spot in my vision too. I have fluid behind my right retina. jeez always something. Guess could wear a patch on my right eye and go around saying ARRGHH for real!! [8D][8D][8D]
Old 05-15-2010, 09:11 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't feel too bad, our forecast for today is 10-15mph with gusts to 25, 30% chance of rain, winds would be cross winds on our field, tomorrow calling for 5-10mph winds straight down the runway, but 70% chance of rain, maybe next weekend
Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Geezz.. Gordon.. is that your place? I didn't realize you got hit THAT hard down there.

CGr.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 AM

Geezz.. Gordon.. is that your place? I didn't realize you got hit THAT hard down there.

CGr.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 AM

weather has been so bad here I will probably have to go back on the buddy box, when we can go flying again[][]
Old 05-17-2010, 12:12 PM

Yeah, same here, Irish. We've had some nice days, but the wind has been brutal. Then, on the one day that we DID have nice weather with no wind, I had a battery problem... Argh!!! "I get no respect.." ha.. oops.

CGr.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:00 PM
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: CGRetired
No. The first picture is the SKYMAC folks up in Bowling Green.

The second, however, is the hangar right out at Cornelia Fort Airpark (M88) out by Opryland.

We did, indeed, get hit "that hard" down here. Opryland hotel and Opry Mills mall are pretty much done. Opryland won't even be able to host guests until October, they say.

Closer to home (like, not a mile away from my house) we watched large PODS type transport containers swept into bridges, couldn't use the 4-lane bypass for 6 days (it was under 10+ feet of water) and entire first floors of apartment complexes are just ruined.

To put things in perspective, yesterday...the 17th of May...this month became the wettest month in Nashville weather history. Not, you understand, the wettest MAY (that happened on the 2nd *smirk*)...no..the wettest MONTH ever.

Trust me...it's been fun.
<br type="_moz" />