Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

4.8v or 6v for sports flyers

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

4.8v or 6v for sports flyers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4.8v or 6v for sports flyers

ORIGINAL: hulio516

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

I recently switched three planes to 5C 6V 2000 NIMH packs (GP Rev 70, Rev 50, and H9 Pulse XT 40) and I was amazed! I normally used the 4C 4.8 V packs. It is a huge difference and noticeable in all three planes.
What charger you are using to charge your new 6v 2000 NIMH batteries?

I'd like to know,

hulio
I normally just use the walwart chargers. I have three of the Spektrum 150mah and a couple Futaba walwarts (I think they are 50mah) and also a Hobbico (not sure the name offhand) field quick charger that charges two batteries at once. I have only used the Hobbico charger a couple of times and I have not used it on the 5C 6V packs yet. I have only used the walwarts. I normally just check my batteries before charge and I have gotten used to about how long to charge them now.

The plane I fly the most I can often just leave it on charge during the night for the next day's flying and so far that has worked really well for me. Sometimes I will charge them for a few hours during the evening then put them on real early in the morning for about an hour or so before I go to the field. This has worked for me for the last 6 months without a glitch. Maybe I am not doing it the right way but it does seem to work ok.

On my DX7 transmitter I used the hangtimes 2000 nimh eneloop battery. I think it was around 45.00 and it works great, although I have not seen a huge increase over the pack that came in the transmitter. The eneloops just don't seem to drop nearly as much in a whole days flying and I do not have to charge them as much at all. I have only charged them all night one time and that was when I first got the battery because I followed the instructions during initial setup. Normally a 3-4 hour charge will put them at around 11.7-12V. My transmitter used to drop after about 4+ hours flying to around 10.2. Now it only drops to about 10.5-10.7 and pretty much stays there.