RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Beginners (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/)
-   -   New product for multiple airplane owners (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/9661049-new-product-multiple-airplane-owners.html)

scottflewell 04-15-2010 01:07 PM

RE: New product for multiple airplane owners

I Will Take 5 To start with with the possability of more for Perchase. Please Let me Know when you get started on selling these. I have a Futaba 10c and this would help out alot

devinatoraviator 04-15-2010 02:01 PM

Ring me up!!!!! That idea's great.

mechanizeddeath 04-15-2010 02:37 PM

very cool. i'd love something like this for surface models, even if the receivers are cheap by comparison.

TruBlu02 04-15-2010 03:02 PM

I definitely like this idea. I love my Futaba 7C 2.4 but I hate how much the receivers cost. I have 6 planes and only three of them are on 2.4. I'll take three!

Popriv 04-15-2010 03:04 PM

Sorry, I must be missing something? Dont I have to move the same amount of plugs? what does this save?

I move my RX from plane to plane now...

Steve

Mr67Stang 04-15-2010 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Popriv

Sorry, I must be missing something? Dont I have to move the same amount of plugs? what does this save?

Steve
This design allows you to plug your Rx into the board that will stay in your plane with the spaghetti not having to be messed with.

Get the Rx plug port to go horizontal with the board for my Spectrum Rx's and I will re-bind when I make a switch. My radio will keep the model memory anyway and that's the hard part (setting up the plane in the Tx). Ahh forget it... I'll build a prototype tonight and beat ya to the market:D

wcv38 04-15-2010 03:58 PM

Pretty cool, I have Hitec 2.4 and I'm interested.

MinnFlyer 04-15-2010 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Popriv

Steve
The unit stays with the plane and the Rx plugs into it as one piece instead of seven individual servo leads

devinatoraviator 04-15-2010 04:24 PM

Do you have an idea how much would cost?

tripower222 04-15-2010 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: devinatoraviator

Do you have an idea how much would cost?
I should know next week I let you know

Campy 04-15-2010 06:19 PM

I like the idea very much. At present I have 14 planes so this would save me A BUNCH of money (not to mention it will PO the wife since I can add more planes :D )

When do you think you might have a price and will they be available for other receivers also?

G.Barber 04-15-2010 06:57 PM

This is a very ingenius idea! I'd probably be up for a few if the price is right!

SBOT 04-15-2010 08:43 PM

Great idea, but if you are talking about a circuit board with traces, you are going to have to turn the servo plugs 90 deg. so they can be soldered to the board. If you used a two sided board you could have the signal traces on one side and the power and ground on the other side in the form of a bus. Or do you plan on using three wire from tx plug to rx plug; that would be really easy for a diy type person.

Oscar

deckerv 04-15-2010 08:44 PM

Two thumbs up for one heck of a GREAT idea!

rgm762 04-15-2010 09:47 PM

I agree, great idea, just one question, will it be a "one size fits all" or will there be different boards depending on number of channels?

Minnreefer 04-15-2010 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: rgm762

I agree, great idea, just one question, will it be a ''one size fits all'' or will there be different boards depending on number of channels?
If I were going to market these, I would take the top 1 or 2 recievers from Futaba, Jr, Hitec and Airtronics and try to start with that. I would maybe take preorders to get a special rx made.

Jon

frets24 04-15-2010 10:09 PM

Being that this topic has now had close to 1000 views, it might be time to start protecting your idea with a patent application....I'm just sayin'

tripower222 04-15-2010 10:26 PM

<p style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Have made some really cool improvements/upgrades to the design. It will be universal and even easier to use. I will have to fill you guys in next week. I am leaving town for an unknown amount of time.

I build stuff for the military and one of my products is going through testing at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Every time I go I never know how long I will be gone.

I appreciate all your input and would like to continue to receive it along with any suggestions or comments. My theory has always been "no one is as smart as everyone". I will keep you posted on my progress.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"> 

</p></font></font></p>

</p>

jester_s1 04-15-2010 10:39 PM

One change I'd suggest. Plugging in and out will eventually wear out the pins on the reciever. So a single big connector that stays with the reciever and lets you plug in all the servos in one motion would be a good move, similar idea to the computer connector pictured on page 1.

hangmei08 04-15-2010 10:59 PM

Great , very cool.
I am a new member.

Korps 04-16-2010 12:54 AM

Great idea and I think it will be a very useful gadget...just that me being in South Africa would make it hard to get some. A question to all the people who moves receivers between planes. What is the easiest way to tie them down to not have a big issue getting them out. At the moment I tie down my Rx with a cable tie and each time I move it I cut the cable tie and move it and cable tie it again. Is there an easier way? For the "satelite thingy" for the Ghz Rx (don't know what it's called) I found a solution. I glued a piece of velcro to the back and the other piece of velcro to the plane so I just stick it back and it's easy to get out again. But the main Rx unit is still a headache.

Ivo60 04-16-2010 06:22 AM

Wow, I think you really have something there!! I would absolutely follow it up!! Stef, Rockford Il.

geh3 04-16-2010 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Orbit makes exactly what you want +it has provisions for dual battery supply see&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

<font color="#000080" size="2">The Orbit Power Jack 6014 is a 14 channel servo-amplifier / buffer with double voltage regulating for the receiver 6014. It will be directly plugged by 42 precision jacks onto the 6014. The power will be supplied via two MPX high amp connectors from the battery(ies) or the switch harness(es). Because of its small and lightweight construction, the Power-Jack 6014 is particular suited for middle and large models with longer wiring and digital servos.
</font><ul>[*]Power Supply: single or double battery 4.5 - 8.5 V for the servos[*]Amplifiers: 14 x 5 V impulses[*]Connections: JR / Uni / Futaba with Goldpins[*]Dimensions: 57 x 28 x 16 mm[*]Weight: 20 g[*]Package includes: Orbit Power-Jack 6014 and two MPX connectors (suitable power switch harness see Item: 2222)[/list]

zac137 04-16-2010 08:48 AM

I like your idea! i'm in if the price is right.

devinatoraviator 04-16-2010 10:08 AM

Where did the heck did you find that I looked online and couldn't find it.