Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

beware grayson hobby

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
slotcsx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default beware grayson hobby

Beware grayson hobby........... very poor service.........ordered from web site and was sent an email telling me order sent 1/23/11.......sent email telling me ups delivery 1/26/11 well did not come called 1/28/11 and he said he would send it out right away............called again 1/31/11 gave me some lame excuse about lable stapled in box again and would send it out right away guess what no ups shipping email........no more orders from me...............this seems to be happening more and more lately.........?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
etarak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: beware grayson hobby

I had a problem with Grayson Hobby as well. I ordered a 50 amp speed control with a BEC, however I was shipped a 50 amp without a BEC. I sent many emails etc to get the problem corrected, but with no satisfaction. I will never deal with them again, there are a lot of other reputable companies to deal with. This is the only way that others find out about their bad service. I had requested that they send me a BEC, but they stopped responing!!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Dr Kiwi

Direct your complaints to Grayson Hobby... I'm sure they'll put it right.... don't vent your spleen in a public forum... from our experiences, the rest of us are perfectly happy with Grayson's products and service.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
mazjag

I`m beginning to get sour on these folks as well. Just a general lack of communication on their part...like they don`t...And yes I did email them.. I won`t be buying from again...I can go on Ebay and buy out of a guys basement and do better..
Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 AM
drywaller

ORIGINAL: Dr Kiwi

Direct your complaints to Grayson Hobby... I'm sure they'll put it right.... don't vent your spleen in a public forum... from our experiences, the rest of us are perfectly happy with Grayson's products and service.
Mr. Kiwi, with all due respect. The forum is our voice if you would. It sounds to me like the above poster DID try to deal with Graysons. Perhaps the result is why they turned here.
I for one really appreciate the fact the we can voice our opinions about our experiences with online vendors. Take banana hobby for example. Are they screwing everyone that does business with them? No. But a good deal of people that have dealt with them have had problems. This does not mean that everyone will quit dealing with them. It just means that when one decides to buy a product they may just decide to spend a few more dollars and get the "peace of mind" knowing that they will get their items and perhaps a bit of customer service as well.
Please, and again with all due respect, encourage people to use these forums as an avenue to explain their experiences.
I for one did not see anything that was out of line with the above posters.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:44 PM
etarak

Thank you for the support on this one Drywaller. For a very small amount Grayson Hobbies could have kept me as a customer. I would have been satisfied with a credit on account for future purchases! It seems that they must believe that there are enough other customers, that they don't need to satisfy their existing customers. I would say to them, " It costs much more to find and new customer, than to satisfy and existing one".

Old 02-19-2011, 03:16 PM
drywaller

etarak, no problem, and I agree aswell. I feel that these less that reputable companies will be short lived. The problem is that they will get a fair amount of our money before closing their doors.
I just wish I had a LHS in my area to deal with face to face.
I am stuck ordering from the net unless I want to drive 2 plus hours one way.
On the bright side there are plenty of good internet based shops out there, where ever there is.
ps. I have had great luck when using paypal as a payment method. They will go to bat for you if need be. If nothing else Paypal keeps track of vendor complaints. If the complaints start racking up they will cease business with said company.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
type-one
My Feedback: (5)

I ordered a replacement wing and received the wrong wing. I emailed them right away but they were out of stock. They said they would ship it when it came in. After a month of checking their web site and seeing that it was in stock I emailed them again and they said that it would be sent out the next day. I received an email notification and a shipping number. After several weeks of tracking, UPS never received it from Grayson. After another email they said that all of the wings were damaged when shipped to them but that they would open up a box from a kit and send me the wing.2 weeks have passed and I am still waiting to get it or even hear from them. I need the wing so I did not ask for a refund but I think that time is running out for Grayson. 3 months is long enough.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
type-one

ORIGINAL: type-one

I ordered a replacement wing and received the wrong wing. I emailed them right away but they were out of stock. They said they would ship it when it came in. After a month of checking their web site and seeing that it was in stock I emailed them again and they said that it would be sent out the next day. I received an email notification and a shipping number. After several weeks of tracking, UPS never received it from Grayson. After another email they said that all of the wings were damaged when shipped to them but that they would open up a box from a kit and send me the wing.2 weeks have passed and I am still waiting to get it or even hear from them. I need the wing so I did not ask for a refund but I think that time is running out for Grayson. 3 months is long enough.
After more than 2 more months and several emails I have yet to get a response from them.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:54 PM
herc480

OK, earlier this year I had tried to get parts for a Dynam Cesana 310 that did not come with the kit (missing due to manufacturer not installing) Grayson did nothing. Later in the year I ordered a Dynam C-182 and A SR-22, the speed control in the C-182 was bad and the SR-22 was missing the plastic insert that the main gear mounts into. I contacted Grayson and they responded quickly and said they had the speed control but needed the PN for the other part. Of course the part is not listed in the parts breakdown of the airplane but it appeared to be in the parts kits so I sent back the kit number. Aout a month goes by and still nothing from Grayson, so I replied back to the original email and they appologized and said the parts were enroute. Well I received a 30A Grayson Hobby speed control, no connectors, no plugs, nothing. What am I suppose to with this, this was suppose to be a warrenty replacement part from Dynam which should have included the connector and plugs. It really bothers me how Grayson makes a point of stating that this is a veteran owned and run business and yet they provide little to know support what-so-ever! I am a veteran as well. You cannot reach anyone there by phone and do not even have the option of leaving a message for a callback. I gave these guys the benefit of the doubt after the issue with the first airplane but I have to draw the line after ordering 2 additional airplanes with issues and these guys do not make good on it. I welcome any comments and or support, Grayson hows about you step up and TALK to me instead of hiding behind the electronic age.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 AM
whitelightning

No flames or insults, just facts.

I too am having an issue with Grayson Hobby. I bought a Dynam

Sbach 342 from Grayson Hobby at the beginning of January. The

plane had low power out and would not stay in the air (prop was

on correctly, battery was charged, and the throttle range was

set in the ESC). Grayson Hobby finally agreed to look at the

motor and ESC after a week of emails/wesite postings. I sent the

motor and ESC to them. Grayson says they confirmed it is a bad

ESC from the factory. I am now waiting for my original motor and

replacement ESC to be mailed to me. I was promised it was mailed

a week ago, but the postal service tracking number shows it

(something) was only mailed yesterday. It takes days for them

to respond to questions or issues, when they respond at all.

Grayson Hobby gets tracking numbers from the postal service, but

then evidently does not use them until days or weeks later.

I posted to the Grayson Hobby website (their problem tracking

system and really only means of communication) asking/verifying

that they are sending a correct/compatible ESC (one with a BEC

built in, like the original). Of course Grayson Hobby responded

that they sent a ESC without a BEC. Their website shows plenty

of compatible ESCs with a built in BEC, and none state they are

out of stock. An ESC without a BEC is useless to me.

I tried the store phone number on the Grayson Hobby website. I

got a voice mail stating today is MLK day (Jan 16) and the store

is closed. Today is Feb 8.

Buyer beware of Grayson Hobby.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Well if it isn't too late, file a claim with PayPal or your credit card company. Usually a charge back tends to get folk's attention.

File stating product paid for was not delivered and/or as advertised, also note any communications or lack of with/from the company.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Aaron Hartwell

I just placed my first order with them and also had a poor experience. I ordered a 50 amp ESC with external 5 amp BEC and they sent me a 50 amp ESC with an internal 3 amp BEC. They charged me for the more expensive ESC I ordered. I wrote them several e-mails and never back. I finally opened a support ticket via their web page and got an automatically generated e-mail saying that I was welcome to send back any products I was unhappy with at my expense and at a 15% restocking fee. No personal response. No offer to make it right. Nothing. Just a generic e-mail. I'm going to send the ESC back, hopefully my credit card will get credited. Given what I've seen thus far from them I'm not optimistic.

Great first experience. Not...

Aaron
Old 03-12-2012, 03:57 PM
type-one

After more than 2 more months and several emails I have yet to get a response from them.
Finally recieved the item a couple of weeks later but it did not come with all the parts that are shown on their webb site. They stated that it no longer comes with all the parts that are shown on their webb site. 8-9 months later their webb site still shows that all of these parts are included. Guess what Grayson YOUR FIRED
Old 03-12-2012, 04:40 PM
BEAR-AvHistory

ORIGINAL: Dr Kiwi

With all due respect you do not speak for me nor would I guess anyone else who has posted so far. Legitimate complaints on fan sites are the best & pretty much only defense we have against on-line vendors who do not treat customers properly.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:38 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a problem with a well known web automotive parts supplier. There are various "versions" and prices of a common part.
I ordered a specific version, was charged for it, and received a less expensive version, which was somewhat defective, but usable.
When I contacted them, I sort of got the runaround. (multiple times, multiple call centers.)
The part appeared to have been sent from the OEM's warehouse about 90 miles away.
Finally, to make a long story short, I ended up calling my credit card company.
This time, the parts supplier ended up in a 3 way call with me and the CC company.
The threat of charge back did make a big difference. When all was said and done, I still ended up eating the ship back cost of the defective and mis-billed part.
The OEM warehouse had packaged the part for internal delivery, and apart from the billing question, this was the start of the problem. (Small box, no packing, heavy part.)
Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 AM
raedon40

I ordered a Dynam Hawk~Sky (RTF) From Grayson Hobby Tuesday 3/27/12 and they supplied me with a Tracking # from UPS the next day and it says it's out for delivery today, 3/30/12, so, hopefully all goes good as this is my first order from them! I will let all know here with another Post as to how things go with my order. I hate to see people having a bad experience with this place and I'm hoping I have good results to post here later today!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:10 PM
raedon40

Well, I got my Order from Grayson Hobby about an hour ago..... I went thru the contents & all is here and looks Good!
I may have got lucky but, So Far, So Good as I'm gonna put it together tomorrow! Good Luck to all....
Old 04-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Aaron Hartwell

You got lucky.

I opened a ticket and received some automated response from their ticketing system saying that I was free to send back any products that I was unhappy with. I responded to that with several questions and never received any responses. I went ahead and sent back the products with all the required paperwork enclosed in the shipping box.

It's been several weeks and I haven't seen any credit to my credit card. I've sent three or four seperate mails asking when my card will be credited no responses.

Finally yesterday, I sent a mail to the same address I've been using saying that i was going to file a complaint with BBB. Within a couple of minutes someone, not you apparently, from Grayson responded with a snide and particularly unhelpful comment which essentially amounted to "good luck." That tells me that the e-mail address I've been using to date to try and contact you guys does in fact work and that you're reading and selectively ignoring certain mails.

Great...

Aaron
Old 05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
papa6

Hey guys and gals,
I am brand new to the forum world and only found this site because I am having problems with Grayson Hobbies. I cant seem to get them to reply to a few issues I am having with products I ordered from them. I have been reading some of your complaints and it looks like I'm in the same boat as you are.  I'm  not so upset with the poor service as much as the fact that he advertises as a veteran owned company. It disturbs me that he uses that as a gimmicl to draw in customers, and then treats the customers and vets the way he does. I am a proud disabled American veteran and do not appreciate him exploiting this for personal gain. Please allow me to apologize as a Veterans for his dishonorable business ethic!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:42 AM
chutchings

I to am a veteran and share the same thoughts. I also am currently attempting to contact Grayson with no luck. One thing the military teaches us is integrity and professionalism. Grayson hobby lacks both of these qualities.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 AM
JohnShe

There is another thread on this very topic in the general discussions forum. The guy contacted the BBB and found that so many complaints had been lodge that they gave them and "F" grade. They also provided a better phone number that the one on the Grayson website. Give the BBB a try.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 PM
papa6

it looks like the best advice i can share is to tell our friends to stay away from them . i do not see grayson hobbies being around much longer.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:39 PM
papa6

F is a very genarous grade for them.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Aaron Hartwell

"F is a very genarous grade for them."

Man, I agree. These guys are a complete nightmare. Completely dishonest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.